August is Ekka time in Brisbane!
August Events in Brisbane and Queensland
- 8 to 17 August 2013 – The Ekka – The Royal Queensland Show at RNA Showgrounds.
- 12 August (Monday) 2013 – Ekka Show Holiday in Surrounding Regions – in Logan City, City of Redland, Lockyer Valley Region, Moreton Bay Region, Scenic Rim Region, Somerset Region, Shire of Balonne, Toowoomba Region (that part of the former Rosalie Shire including the areas of Yarraman, Upper Yarraman & Cooyar areas), South Burnett Region, North Burnett Region (Biggenden, Eidsvold, Gayndah, Monto and Mount Perry Areas), Bundaberg Region (within the postcode of 4671), Goondiwindi Region (for that area covered by the former Shire of Inglewood within the boundaries of the parishes of Wyemo, Beebo, Texas, Silverspur, Arcot, Gunyan, Bonshaw, Maiden Head, Aitkin’s Flat & the town of Texas). See the official government site for verification
- 14 August (Wednesday) 2013 – Ekka Show Day Holiday Brisbane (People’s Day) – Public holiday in City of Brisbane only.
- 17 to 23 August 2013 – CBCA Children’s Book Week – Celebrating Australian books, authors and illustrators. (see our BCL page on Book Week).
August Events from the forum
- Show / Expo: Spring Native Flower Show and Native Plants Market - by BCL Editor
The Society for Growing Australian Plants (SGAP) Qld Spring Native Flower Show and Native Plants Market 31 August & 1 September 2013 9am - 4pm...
August Tour Specials
- Whale Watching and Surfers Paradise Day Trip from Brisbane ( Instant Confirmation from Viator)
Commences at Brisbane
Experience the best that Surfers Paradise has to offer on this day trip from Brisbane. Cruise the canals and see the homes of the Gold Coast's rich and famous. Watch humpback whales at play from your purpose built, whale watching vessel. After your cruise, enjoy lunch at the Titanium Bar, one of the Gold Coast's best waterfront venues. There is also time for your own exploration of Surfers Paradise before returning to Brisbane.Special Offer - Save 20% on the recommended retail price. Special offer valid for travel Monday - Friday until August 31, 2013. - Book Now! see more info and booking details from Viator
- Half-Day Whale Watching and Canal Cruise from the Gold Coast ( Instant Confirmation from Viator)
Commences at Gold Coast
See magnificent humpback whales at play on this half-day cruise from the Gold Coast. You'll enjoy unobstructed 360 degree views from all three decks of your purpose built vessel and the experienced crew, including a marine naturalist guide, will provide the closest whale encounters possible. With a maximum of 65 passengers per cruise, this is one of the the Gold Coast's most intimate and informative whale watching experiences.Special Offer - Save 20% on the recommended retail price. Special offer valid for travel Monday - Friday until August 31, 2013. - Book Now! see more info and booking details from Viator