June brings the beginning of winter and the shortest day of the year.
June Events in Brisbane and Queensland
- Queensland Week – Celebrates the State’s people and places. The week derived from the celebration of Queensland Day, held annually on 6 June to commemorate the day Queensland separated from the colony of New South Wales.
- 5 June 2013 – World Environment Day - Commemorated each year on 5 June, is one of the principal vehicles through which the United Nations stimulates worldwide awareness of the environment and enhances political attention and action.
- 5 June (Wednesday) 2013 – State of Origin Game One - played in Sydney. (See Brisbane State of Origin.)
- 10 June (Monday) 2013 – Queen’s Birthday – Public Holiday was all states except WA (see AU school and public holiday dates).
- 21 June (Friday) 2013 – Last day of Term 2 for Queensland State Schools – (See AU school holiday dates.)
- 26 June (Wednesday) 2013 – State of Origin Game Two - played in Brisbane. (See Brisbane State of Origin.)
June Events from the forum
- Sport Event: Wednesday 26 June - State of Origin 2013 Game 2 at Suncorp Stadium - by BCL Brisbane
Image: http://www.bcl.com.au/shop/images/sorballoons.jpg (http://www.brisbanecitylife.com.au/bcl/wotson/stateoforigin.htm) *State of Origin Game...
Move on to July events
Post your events of the forum to appear above (here’s how)