Hmmm… Oktoberfest and Ocsober in the same month. Maybe that’s not such a bad idea.
Southern states change their clocks which causes the usual inconveniences between South-east Queensland and New South Wales.
October Events in Brisbane and Queensland
- National Organic Week Australia (NOW) is 10 days of activities designed to increase awareness of the benefits of organic products and farming production systems and accelerate the uptake of these in the wider Australian community and environment.
- 2 October (Sunday) 2016 – Daylight saving begins 2.00 am in southern states – NOT Queensland. See time zones for more information.
- 3 October (Monday) 2016 – Queen’s Birthday – Public Holiday (see AU school and public holiday dates).
- 4 October (Tuesday) 2016 – QLD School Term 4 begins – (Australian school holiday dates.)
- 10 October – National Firefighters Remembrance Day held each year on the 10th day of the 10th month
- 17 October (Monday) 2016 – Student Free Day – (See Queensland school holiday dates.)
- 31 October (Monday) 2016 – Halloween – (Having a Halloween party? For party products, ideas and costumes see ThemesForParties.com.au, and for shopping see our BCL Halloween page.)
- All October – Ocsober – A fundraising program that challenges Australians to cut out alcohol for the month of October.
October Events from the forum
These events are in the order that they have been posted - not in date order.
- Show / Expo: Chandler BrisBricks LEGO® Fan Expo 2016 - by BCL Editor
Where: Sleemans Complex, Chandler Arena, Old Cleveland Rd, Chandler, Brisbane Opening Times: Saturday 1st October 2016 9:00am-4:00pm Sunday 2nd...
- Marathon / Fun Run / Walk: Sandgate Sunset Run - by BCL Editor
Sandgate Sunset Run is happening again on Saturday 8 October 2016. Fundraising will help provide practical assistance for local families affected...
- Art Exhibition: Brisbane Open House - by BCL Editor
8 & 9 October 2016 Brisbane Open House is a free-of-charge event, providing residents and visitors with the opportunity to discover the...
Move on to November events
Post your events of the forum to appear above (here’s how)