Hmmm… Oktoberfest and Ocsober in the same month. Maybe that’s not such a bad idea.
Southern states change their clocks which causes the usual inconveniences between South-east Queensland and New South Wales.
October 2017 Events in Brisbane and Queensland
- National Organic Week Australia (NOW) is 10 days of activities designed to increase awareness of the benefits of organic products and farming production systems and accelerate the uptake of these in the wider Australian community and environment.
- 1 October (Sunday) 2017 – Daylight saving begins 2.00 am in southern states – NOT Queensland. See time zones for more information.
- 2 October (Monday) 2017 – Queen’s Birthday – Public Holiday (see AU school and public holiday dates).
- 3 October (Tuesday) 2017 – QLD School Term 4 begins – (Australian school holiday dates.)
- 7 & 8 October 2017 – Brisbane Open House is a free-of-charge event, providing residents and visitors with the opportunity to discover the architecture, engineering and history in buildings and places around Brisbane city. Held annually in conjunction with World Architecture Day, selected buildings are opened for the public with guided and self-guided tours to encourage them to explore, re-examine and engage with Brisbane’s built environment.See the website for details of buildings, public talks, children’s program, photography competition and inaugural Art in Design Exhibition
- 10 October – National Firefighters Remembrance Day held each year on the 10th day of the 10th month
- 16 October (Monday) 2017 – Student Free Day – (See Queensland school holiday dates.)
- 31 October (Tuesday) 2017 – Halloween – (Having a Halloween party? For party products, ideas and costumes see ThemesForParties.com.au, and for shopping see our BCL Halloween page.)
- All October – Ocsober – A fundraising program that challenges Australians to cut out alcohol for the month of October.
October Events from the forum
These events are in the order that they have been posted - not in date order.
- Find your spring groove under the trees at Spring Mountain - by eventadder
If you want to get away from it all but only have a couple of hours to spare head to the Spring Picnic at the beautiful Spring Mountain Acreage...
- Concert: Hand in Hand - in celebration of Mental Health Week, Caloundra, Sunday 15 October - by CarolineK
*Hand in Hand - A Celebration of Courage, Joy and Love * Presented by the School of Hard Knocks *Dr Jonathon Welch AM*, celebrated singer and...
- Halloween giggles on the big screen at Edens Crossing - by eventadder
Its hard to be scared when the things that go bump in the night make you giggle but thats what you can expect when Frankenweenie the movie comes...
- Get ready to tackle the giant waterslide at Flagstone! - by eventadder
Australias biggest inflatable waterslide will be one of the coolest challenges in an obstacle race with a difference at Flagstone, on Saturday 14...
- St Margaret's Professional Women's Networking Breakfast - by margaret
The St Margaret's Professional Women's Network is a quarterly breakfast function for community members to share, support and be inspired. The guest...
- Get Christmas Holiday ready at the Pre-Christmas Caravan Show - by Taylor
A caravan, motorhome or camper trailer is the ultimate way to holiday in Queensland and more happy campers are taking to the road every year....
- Concert: Scotland the Brave - by kabukupr
In 2017, Brisbane audiences will be treated to a good old highland fling when the international smash hit spectacular Scotland the Brave returns to...
- Marathon / Fun Run / Walk: Sandgate Sunset Run - by BCL Editor
Sandgate Sunset Run is happening again on Saturday 8 October 2016. Fundraising will help provide practical assistance for local families affected...
- Art Exhibition: Brisbane Open House - by BCL Editor
Brisbane Open House is a free-of-charge event, providing residents and visitors with the opportunity to discover the architecture, engineering and...
Move on to November events
Post your events of the forum to appear above (here’s how)