Springtime means Toowoomba’s famous annual Carnival of Flowers festival showcasing spectacular gardens, country touring, live music and local food & wine, plus much more. Plus there’s Father’s day, school holidays and pirates!
September 2017 Events in Brisbane and Queensland
- 3 September (Sunday) 2017 – Australian National Flag Day – The Australian Flag was first raised on this day in 1901.
- 3 September (Sunday) 2017 – Father’s Day – See AU Father’s Day Gift ideas here and Brisbane Father’s day gift ideas here.
- 8 to 17 September, 2017 – Swell Sculpture Festival at Currumbin Beach Experience sculptures built by artists from Australia and abroad at the annual Swell Sculpture Festival at Currumbin Beach. The free exhibition is open all hours. Over 10 days, visitors can experience the sculptures, enjoy twilight walks, informative artist talks, discover new perspectives at the Public Art Forum, wander through the Swell Smalls Gallery and participate in artist master classes and childrens’ workshops.
- 15 September (Friday) 2017 – Last day of School Term 3 – (See AU school holidays.)
- 19 September (Tuesday) 2017 – Talk Like a Pirate Day – If you’re planning an event, click here for Pirate Party Ideas.
- 29 September (Friday) 2017 – National Police Remembrance Day – Held annually on 29 September, the day provides an opportunity for serving and retired police members, their families and the public to honour the memory of officers who have given their lives in the line of duty.
September Events from the forum
These events are in the order that they have been posted - not in date order.
- Art / Film Festival: JAPANESE FILM FESTIVALThe Japanese Film Festival (JFF) returns to Brisbane with a lin - by kabukupr
The Japanese Film Festival (JFF) returns to Brisbane with a line-up of the very best of fresh and classic Japanese cinema, as part of a huge national...
- Sport Event: InspireCycle Triple Threat Launch - by Inspirecycle
InspireCycle has just upped its game by launching the next generation of High Intensity Interval Training. Adding to an already amazing cycle class...
- Sport Event: Jack Attack - Social Barefoot Bowling - by Aspley Mem Bowls Club
Jack Attack is the new social Barefoot Bowls Competition. Non-bowlers and non-members are very welcome. *Suitable for all ages. No experience...
- Concert: Hand Heart Pocket Gala 2017 - by QBI
The 2017 Hand Heart Pocket Gala Evening will take place on World Alzheimers Day, Thursday 21 September, showcasing world-class opera stars and...
- Concert: SANGEET MELA 2017 on Saturday 02 September 2017 - by bindurajendren
Sangeet Mela is Australias premiere Indian classical music and dance festival featuring both Hindustani and Carnatic styles. Sangeet Mela 2017 will...
- Festival: Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers - by BCL Editor
16 to 25 September, 2016 Toowoomba famous annual festival showcasing spectacular gardens, country touring, live music and local food & wine, plus...
- Art / Film Festival: Swell Sculpture Festival at Currumbin Beach - by BCL Gold Coast
Experience sculptures built by artists from Australia and abroad at the annual Swell Sculpture Festival at Currumbin Beach. The free exhibition is...
Post your events of the forum to appear above (here’s how)