State of Origin 2014 – Maroons v Blues
- State of Origin Game 1: Wednesday 28 May at Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
- State of Origin Game 2: Wednesday 18 June at ANZ Stadium, Sydney
- State of Origin Game 3:Wednesday 9 July at Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
State of Origin Tickets can be bought from Ticketek (search for origin as a keyword)
State of Origin Party Products & Merchandise
- Party Products Australia – Over 6,000 party supplies online, including balloons, tableware, decorations, and much more with fast Australia-wide delivery. See their State of Origin party products
- Party Supplies Online – Sydney-based party products store in operation since 1991. Find
balloons, tableware, and decorations by browsing their State of Origin party supplies
- eBay Australia marketplace and online auction site where you can buy and sell almost anything with other collectors from around the world. See their State of Origin items
Links about State of Origin Matches, Venue etc
- Queensland Rugby League
- NSW Rugby League
- Suncorp Stadium (previously known as Lang Park) If you attend an event at Suncorp Stadium you get free travel offer on either the QR Citytrain network or Brisbane Transport’s bus services. Patrons need to present their event admission ticket as they board these services to ensure they travel free to the stadium.
- ANZ Stadium (previously known as Telstra Stadium) In Sydney, venue of State of Origin 1 & 3.
- The Former Origin Greats, or FOGS. FOGS was formed in 1997 primarily to keep the legendary State Of Origin spirit alive. Membership is restricted to that elite group of players – 134 in total – who have worn the maroon of Queensland in rugby league Origin games.
- The Suncorp Stadium is at Milton – just outside the Brisbane CBD. See our CBD map for hotels in the city. Please book as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. You can travel by train and/or bus to the stadium so City, South Brisbane and West End hotels will all be convenient. There is a new pedestrian walkway from Milton Railway Station to the stadium. Milton is the first stop on the Ipswich line after Roma Street Station and the Transit Centre.
- Backpackers hostels offer the cheapest accommodation per person – but if there is a small group of you check Wotif.com for hotel and motel rooms which are charged per room.
Parking is very limited in the area and public transport is highly recommended. See the links below for timetables etc.
- TransLink – check this site for details of South East Explorer for unlimited, all day travel on train, participating bus and ferry travel in South East Queensland between Coolangatta and Noosa and west to Helidon.
- Queensland Rail (official site)
- The Airtrain service from the Airport joins the Citytrain network