Art and Craft Groups in Brisbane and Queensland
- Access Arts Inc – Creating Diversity in the Arts
- Artrageous Community Arts Centre: A creative outlet for Sandgate and surrounding suburbs. Programs include:
Articipate (for Special Needs) Drawing and Painting Classes
Craftrageous (Learn new skills or hone old ones)
What’s In The Box? (for kids 7yrs plus.)
Markets (once a month, on 2nd Saturday)
Workshops for Community Festivals
Artrageous is a non-Government funded, not-for-profit organisation run solely by volunteers.
- Arts Alive Ipswich Creative Arts School is a creative arts school and gallery. The mission is to empower students of all ages to take ideas from within themselves and give those ideas artistic form.
- Arts Queensland – part of the Queensland Department of Education and the Arts, develops and implements cultural policy and administers cultural funding and capital works programs that support arts and cultural development for the benefit of the community.
- Beenleigh Lapidary Club
- Brisbane Institute of Art
- Creative Glass Guild – small but enthusiastic group of people who enjoy improving and developing skills and are keen to share knowledge about this beautiful craft.
- The Decorative Folk Artists of Queensland share ideas and painting techniques through newsletters, workshops, meetings and Annual Convention.
- The Embroiderers’ Guild Queensland is a home for beginners as well as the advanced.
- Flying Arts Arts is committed to promoting the appreciation practice and professional development of the visual and media arts throughout regional and remote Queensland and beyond, especially for artists and communities with limited access. (follow on the forum)
- Gatton Lapidary Club – Lapidary is the art of selecting stones, shaping and polishing them and using them in decorative ways.
- Gold Coast Lapidary Club – Share knowledge and skills in all aspects of working with gemstones, jewellery making, carving, faceting, wire wrapped jewellery and precious metal clay.
- Hands On Art is primarily a children’s organisation, specifically for ages 4 – 12 years, providing workshop activities in the areas of art, craft, music and performance. Funded by the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland and are funded for projects through Brisbane City Council and South Bank Corporation.
- Impress Print-maker’s Studio Brisbane Inc
- The Jewellers & Metalsmiths Group of Queensland
- Photographic Society of Queensland promotes the art of photography, in all its forms, throughout Queensland.
- Qld Lace Guild has a number of groups who meet throughout the State on a regular basis.
- Queensland Bookbinders Guild aims to promote, foster and practise the art of bookbinding in its traditional form, and to embrace the related graphic arts and kindred arts.
- Australian Eggshell Artists Association Inc – Artists using natural eggshells as their chosen medium
- Queensland Spinners Weavers and Fibre Artists
- Queensland Quilters is a non-profit organisation with the objective of promoting the art and craft of patchwork and quilting.
- Sew Social – A Brisbane-based meeting group for young adults with an interest in sewing, fashion and design.
- Upatree Arts Cooperative Upatree Arts is a not for profit arts co-op located in regional Queensland. Its members bring all sorts of skills and arts practice to the community
- Watercolour Society of Queensland
- West End Community Storytelling Group – Fortnightly group. Stories about living in the general West End area.
- The Woodturners Society of Queensland membership is open to all persons 14 years of age or over.
- Youth Arts Queensland
- see also Brisbane Exhibitions and Galleries