Children and Young People (for and about)
- Alex Surf Lifesaving Club – Includes Nippers and youth members – Alexandra Headlands on the Sunshine Coast
- Ardoch Youth Foundation – A non-profit organisation that aims to help children and young people overcome barriers to full participation in education.
- Backbone Youth Arts – Edward St, Brisbane.
- Brazil Grumble Children’s Theatre Performances
- Brisbane Junior Theatre – (Strathpine) Children’s Holiday productions and performing arts training.
- Brisbane Regional Youth Orchestra
- Edmund Rice Camps Edmund Rice Camps provide recreation-based camps for children aged 6-16 years who are disadvantaged in some way. Volunteers provide one-on-one support to children.
- Edmund Rice Education Australia Flexible Learning Centre Network (EREA FLCN) is the provision of a response to the Christian Brothers Congregation to the signs of the times, that is, to be active in creating social and learning environments which enable the emancipation of young people who have been disenfranchised from education and social connection. Includes the Albert Park Flexi School and others.
- Girl Guides Queensland
- Flipside Circus – Teaches circus skills to youth aged 4 to 18.
- Hannah’s Foundation, Australia’s only Drowning prevention, awareness and family support services. We have three primary roles and functions for supporting families of any tragedy such as child drowning, ocean drownings, boating accidents, floods or other water tragedies in Australia. We also support those victims who have suffered non fatal drownings (near drownings) as well as attend Coronial Inquests. Our Primary Support is Peer Support Services
- Imogen Childrens Chorale – Singing group. Sherwood.
- Kidsafe Queensland: Dedicated to reducing the incidence of, severity of, and mortality rate of children due to preventable accidents. Kidsafe Queensland offer educational seminars, tours of Kidsafe House, child car restraint checks and installations, a range of safety products for sale. Kidsafe Queensland also advocate and lobby for creating safe environments for all children. We are the Queensland branch of a national organisation: Kidsafe.
- Logan City Police-Citizens Youth Club (PCYC) – Programs, and sports and recreational activities.
- PCYC QLD
- Playgroup Association of Qld
- Queensland Association for Gifted and Talented Children – An open association of people who share a common interest in gifted and talented children.
- Queensland Youth Choir (QYC) – For youth up to the age of 25.
- Queensland Youth Orchestras – For ages 9 to 26.
- Radio Lollipop – An international organisation founded over 25 years ago to provide care, comfort, play and entertainment for children and young people, primarily in hospitals.
- South Passage gives young people aged between age 14 to 17 the experience of a traditional sailing ship. South Passage is a 100 foot long, gaff rigged schooner. Most of our voyages are with high school groups, though many youth organisations also sail with us. Our voyages qualify for the Duke of Edinburgh’s Awards.
- Scouts Queensland – Find a group in your area.
- Switch 1197 – Youth community radio station.
- Sunshine Beach Surf Lifesaving Club – Includes Nippers and youth members.
- Sunshine Coast Youth Orchestra – For young people up to the age of 23. The orchestra has workshops and performs regularly.
- Sunshine Coast Youth Partnership (SCYP) is designed to reduce disadvantage and cyclical poverty by maximising the potential of young people on the Sunshine Coast and the capacity of organisations to support them. The SCYP focuses on partnering with community services, business, Government, schools and the general community to facilitate Capacity Development of a comprehensive and cooperative community based approach to support young people in all areas of community life, learning, development, employment, culture and recreation.
- YMCA and YWCA Brisbane – Young Men’s and Women’s Christian Associations.
- For more youth activities in Brisbane see Exhibitions for a list of museums, art galleries and current exhibitions.
- see also National Children’s groups and links
State and Local Government Websites for Children and Young People
- Commission for Children and Young People and Child Guardian
- Queensland Government – Youth – This is the department’s information hub for youth initiatives. It provides easy access to information and resources supporting young people aged 12 to 25 years. Topics include safety tips for Schoolies, leadership programs on offer, youth justice services and funding available.