Alcohol and Drugs – Information and Rehabilitation
- Queensland Alliance is the peak body for mental health in Queensland. We represent community organisations working in mental health. This may include youth, homelessness, alcohol and drug and other services.
- Alcohol and Drug Information Service The Australian Government’s information site for alcohol with information on alcohol-related health, science, news, and Australian Government policy.
- Drug Intelligence Reporting Centre – 1800 813 784
- Narcotics Anonymous Anyone who wants to stop using drugs may become a member of Narcotics Anonymous. Membership is not limited to addicts using any particular drug. Those who feel they may have a problem with drugs, legal or illegal, including alcohol, are welcome in NA. Recovery in NA focuses on the problem of addiction, not on any particular drug. See the site for more information and details of local meetings.
- Quit Smoking
- Australian Drug Information Network links to an extensive range of information about alcohol and other drugs.
- Teen Challenge Care Qld Ltd – Crisis accommodation for young men between the ages of 18 -25. Drug & Alcohol rehabilitation program for young people between the ages of 18 – 25 although some exceptions to this age limit are considered
- The Queensland Mental Health, Drug and Alcohol Strategic Plan 2014 – 2019 has been launched in September 2014 – more details at http://www.qmhc.qld.gov.au/work/queensland-mental-health-and-drug-strategic-plan/