Brisbane Social Groups
- BrisBears is a brotherhood of gay men who openly challenge the stereotypical image of the male ideal, men who are defiantly and aggressively uninterested in society’s perception of gay men as hyper-thin, hairless, fashion victims, who instead celebrate the fact that they are sometimes large, less than perfect and never shave their body hair. Bears also share a broader and richer connection with their bodies, with nature and with spirit.
- Brisbane Ukulele Musicians Society (B.U.M.S.) is a casual gathering of ukulele players, from beginners to advanced to people who just appreciate the joy of uke!
- Dabblers Social Club A Social Club for men and women. Dabblers enjoy social activities and recreation arranged by individual members. The variety of our activities is unlimited and new members are always welcome.
- The Partners of Veterans Association of Australia Inc social, support and interest group.
- Qld Vegetarian/Vegan Society holds regular get togethers for lunch or dinner. Membership entitles you to 4 copies of the New Vegetarian and Natural Health magazine, 4 copies of the Qld newsletter, discounts and a lending library.
Australian personals and dating sites
Busy lifestyles and changing work practices mean that online personals and online dating sites have taken the place of meeting people at work or clubs. You can use these sites to find friends who share a common interest, men and women looking for long-term relationships and/or marriage, or just people looking for a good time. Just like meeting people in real life dating, you should be reasonably cautious. The advantage with meeting online is that you can assess each other more before revealing your personal details. Good luck.