- Railway Modeller’s Club of Queensland Inc – Aim to promote railway modeling as as fun for all ages. Located on the north side of Brisbane.
- Logan District Model Railway Club Inc.
- Logan Model Engineering Society – Logan City Railway. Ewing Park, Ewing Rd, Woodridge.
- Model Engineers & Live Steamers Association Rockhampton Establishised the early 1980′s MELSA Rockhampton still remains at its original site located at Rotary Park on the corner of Cambridge and Campbell streets,.South Rockhampton.
- Queensland Society of Model and Experimental Engineers Inc. Their miniature railway track is set in a wooded property to the north of Brisbane.
- Sunshine Coast Railway Modellers Society Inc – Mini Railway Club. SCRMS has a track in Nambour with club meetings and public running days each month offering rides and light refreshments. Locos include both steam, petrol and electrically driven units.
Steam Engines – full size
- Australian Railway Historical Society (Qld Division) – operates steam trains with the Queensland Rail Heritage fleet and maintains an operating museum near Rosewood using former Queensland Rail rolling stock.
- Southern Downs Steam Railway (SDSR) aims to provide a unique heritage railway experience on the Darling Downs and Granite belt through the operation of a tourist railway.
- SunSteam Inc. was formed in 1992 and operates mainline steam train tours using steam locomotives and wooden carriages from the Queensland Rail heritage fleet. It is also interested in the maintenance and operation of steam heritage traction and associated rollingstock on Queensland Rail lines. SunSteam members have assisted Queensland Rail with repairs to the A10 locomotive and wooden carriages.
- Mary Valley Heritage Railway “Ride The Rattler” scenic tours are operated by The Mary Valley Heritage Railway (MVHR) every Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday from the historic Gympie Railway Station through the Mary Valley in the Cooloola Region.
Other Models & Miniatures, Radio Controlled
- Loganholme Aeromodellers Radio Control Society
- Sports Aeromodellers Association Moreton Bay Region (SAAMBR)
- Tingalpa Model Aero Club
- Gladstone Meteors Radio Controlled Car Club (Where’s Gladstone?)
- Pikkabird’s Trainz Tutorials, downloads, etc
- The Workshops Rail Museum Tour (WRM001 RedBalloon experience voucher)
Just 40 mins from Brisbane and 70 mins from the Gold Coast.
The Workshops Rail Museum, a ânew generationâ, is a wholly interactive Museum located at the historic site of the oldest railway workshops in Australia still in operation. Includes entry, tour of either Blacksmith or Steam Shop, lunch tray and a memento of your visit.. get more details or buy vouchers from RedBalloon
National & International Links