Working in Brisbane
Workers commute to Brisbane from as far afield as the Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast and Toowoomba. As well as the CBD, there are major regional centres at Chermside on the northside and Mt Gravatt / Springwood on the southside.
Brisbane Jobs, Careers, Positions Vacant
- Australian Jobsearch
search for thousands of jobs in every Australian state, plus volunteer positions to help build up your experience and resume, and information on employment, workplace relations, government assistance, jobs, careers, training and wages.
- Jobsearch Harvest Trail looks for harvesting and fruitpicking jobs Australia-wide – and find out what’s normally picked, where and when to help plan your trip.
- ethicaljobs.com.au Jobs and careers around Australia in the non-profit sector
- Pro Bono Australia – careers, jobs, events and more for anyone who wants to work in the non-profit sector.
- Artshub jobs jobs and careers around Australia in the arts sector
- Careers in the Department of Environment and Heritage
- Queensland Police recruitment information
- adzuna job site from Fairfax
- seek.com.au job site
- Job listings from Neuvoo…
Employment Networks & Networking Sites
- Help Enterprises is a community-based, not-for-profit organisation established in 1968 by Rotary to assist in the support of people with disabilities. We operate from 5 sites in the greater Brisbane area and employ a fully integrated workforce of nearly 200 disabled and able-bodied people in a variety of industries.
- Queensland Government Jobs Online information about working in Queensland, pay rates, occupational health & safety, traineeships, apprenticeships and much more including positions vacant in government departments.
Training and Certification
More Information on job hunting
- Qld Working Women’s Service is a free, confidential and supportive service assisting women with work-related matters. QWWS targets our services to assist women who may not have other support or union membership.
- Working Life brings you human stories, vigorous comment, and opinion from the world of work. It exists for the large number of Australians who share the basic values that underpin the Australian union movement: fairness, equality and job security. It seeks to reach a broad audience by always being thought-provoking, entertaining, and sometimes even amusing. Working Life looks at news, current affairs and lifestyle content from the perspective of Australian workers.
- DEST Jobguide (was DEETYA) about training, employment, study, finance, and much more.
- Department of Employment & Training Queensland
- Volunteering Queensland
- My Future includes information about employment trends and patterns, careers advice, ideas on starting your own businesses. Browse “the facts” for information on jobs and careers of all kinds.
- Defence Jobs – Jobs in the Australian Army, the Royal Australian Air Force and The Royal Australian Navy (RAN) Recruiting Page.
- Government information and fact sheets
Articles and links provided by business.gov.au to provide access to information from many different government departments in one place. Topics include Employing people and Occupational health and safety information from business.gov.au
- Fair Work Online – information and advice about Australia’s new national workplace relations system from the Fair Work Ombudsman. You’ll also find links to Fair Work Australia – the national workplace relations tribunal.
- Department of Employment – Federal Government