Public Transport in Brisbane
Brisbane is well served with public bus, ferry, Citycat and electric train transport. Although you can usually buy tickets, a Gocard is cheaper and more convenient – see information on buying and using Gocards here.
- TransLink check this site for details of South East Explorer for unlimited, all day travel on train, participating bus and ferry travel in South East Queensland between Coolangatta and Noosa and west to Helidon. The Journey planner is useful if you want to know how to get from one address to another.
- Public transport information from Queensland Government
- School Transport Guide
Trains in Brisbane & SE Queensland
Check the Citytrain Station pages for a guide on hours individual stations are manned.
- Translink integrated ticketing and new fares were fully implemented on 1 July 2004 across south-east Queensland. Use the journey planner to find out your fares.
- Queensland Rail (official site)
- The Airtrain service from Brisbane Airport joins the Citytrain network. Book your tickets online to save. Tickets available to and from every station in Brisbane and Gold Coast.
- QR Travel Train includes passenger services throughout Queensland.
Bus and Coach
- Brisbane Bus Lines
- Coachtrans day tours
- Greyhound Pioneer Australia
- Hornibrook Buslines
- McCafferty’s Express Coaches
Ferry & CityCat
- For information on Brisbane City Council ferries see CityCat and ferry services.