Disability Services and Information Victoria
- National Disability Services (NDS) is the National Industry Association for Disability Services. ACROD’s membership includes over 550 non-government, non-profit organisations, which collectively operate several thousand services for Australians with all types of disabilities, including intellectual, physical, psychiatric and sensory. NDS’s members are located in every State and Territory in Australia and range in size from very small support groups to very large service providers.
- North East Citizen Advocacy – The program pairs a volunteer advocate with an intellectually disabled person to support them through a challenging situation.
- Melbourne East Citizen Advocacy (MEDA) is a not for profit organization dedicated to promoting and protecting the rights and interests of people with intellectual disabilities
- Club Wild works with people with a disability and people with mental illness to make great contemporary music, multimedia and performance.
- Disability Online – Information for people with a disability, their families and carers.
- Disability Services – A Division of the Victorian Government’s Department of Human Services.
- Down Syndrome Victoria
- Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission – can help if you’ve been discriminated against in employment, education and many other areas.
- Interchange Victoria – Community based, not-for-profit organisation that provides support to families who have a child with a disability.
- Meals Victoria – Victorian Meals on Wheels Assoc. Inc
- Monkami – helps adults with an intellectual disabilty in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne to access quality services and develop skills to live independently within their own community.
- Independence Australia provides specifically tailored services and products that support and empower people to regain, retain and extend their independence.
- People Outdoors – Community based organistation that conducts weekend camping programs for children, teenagers and adults with a disability.
- Physical Disability Council of Australia – PDCA is run entirely by people with physical disabilities, for people with physical disabilities. It does not discriminate on the basis of disability, nor does PDCA determine what a physical disability is. PDCA operates under an inclusion policy and offers membership and/or services to any person with a disability who seeks its support.
- Vicdeaf (Victorian Deaf Society) Access and equity for Deaf and hard of hearing people.
Products to assist people with disabilities
- BadBacks has articles, discussion forums and a range of traditional & alternative back care products to help relieve injury or chronic pain conditions and help healing. They also have preventative products and relief for people (like me) who spend a lot of time sitting at computers.