Markets in Melbourne
- The Arts Centre Sunday Market – The Maker’s Market - 140 stalls of arts and crafts from around Victoria. Sundays, 10.00am to 5.00pm at The Arts Centre, 100 St Kilda Rd, Melbourne.
- Books @ Federation Square – Pre-loved, new and specialized books. The Book Market regularly features self-published authors and children’s illustrator Anne James. Every Saturday 11.00 to 5.00pm at Federation Square.
- Boroondara Farmers Market – On the third Saturday of the month from 8.00am to 1.00pm at Patterson Reserve, Auburn Rd, Hawthorn East.
- Collinwood Childrens’ Farmers’ Markets – Coffee, pancakes, fruit juices, farm fresh and organic seasonal fruit, vegetables, seedlings, herbs, juices, breads, olive oil, free range eggs, meat and chooks, smoked fish, home made condiments, flowers, artisan cheeses and more. Entry is $2 for adults and children are free. Second Saturday of each month at Collingwood Children’s Farm at the end of St Heliers St in Abbotsford.
- Cornerstone Artists Market – An opportunity for local artists to exhibit and sell their products in the local area. Arts and craft practitioners and makers of products which assist artists in their creative works, are encouraged to take up a stall. Incorporating an Art Gallery for local artists and students to exhibit and sell their artworks. There will be a selection of hot food and cold drinks available for sale. Markets held on the second Sunday of every month, 10am until 2pm, at Living and Learning (LLINC) 6B Henry St, Pakenham Vic.
- Dandenong Market – Offers over 300 stalls, including 20 fresh fruit and vegetable stalls, a chicken shop, deli, butcher and two fish mongers. Open every Tuesday, Friday and Saturday (excluding public holidays).
- The Esplanade Market St Kilda – An outlet for local artists. Sundays, 10.00am to 5.00pm, Upper Esplanade St.Kilda, Between Cavell & Fitzroy St.
- Gasworks Farmers’ Market at Gasworks Arts Park – Bring bags as Gasworks is plastic bag free. The market has a focus on fresh produce. Seasonal fruit and veggie stalls, organic, free range and rare breed meats, fish and poultry, four specialist cheese makers, honey, eggs, pasta, chilli pastes, bread, preserves, juices, nuts, seedlings, bulbs and flowers. 8.30am to 1.00pm at Gasworks Arts Park, 21 Graham St, Albert Park.
- Hawthorn Craft Market – Fashions and knitwear, children’s toys, ceramics, kid’s costumes, jewellery, women’s and men’s accessories, bags, furniture, plants, tasty treats, cards, quilters and more. Hawthorn Craft Market is relocating! From 4 August 2013, it will be held at Parkview Room (next to Camberwell Library), City of Boroondara municipal offices, Reserve Road, Camberwell. Melway 59 J1 Public Transport Route tram route 75. Parking available.
- Manningham Farmers Market – owned & operated by the Rotary Club of Templestowe – a local and convenient source of fresh, good quality produce.
- Mathilda’s Market – Baby and children’s clothing, toys, books, jewellery, costumes, birthday cards and more. Free entry. 9.00 am to 1.00 pm at Hawthorn Town Hall, 360 Burwood Rd, Hawthorn.
- Melbourne Markets - Please note that the Melbourne Markets are for wholesale trade only. Retail customers cannot purchase directly from the Melbourne Markets.
- Melbourne Showground Markets – Fruit and vegetables, flowers, coffee, footwear, records, books, crafts, tools, toys, antiques and more. Sundays, 9.00 am to 3.00 pm at Melbourne Showgrounds, Cnr Epsom and Lang’s Rd, Ascot Vale.
- One Market in Williamstown – On the first Sunday of each month (except January and April) from 12.00 pm to 5.00 pm at the Holy Trinity Church, 255 Nelson Place, Williamstown. April market will be held on Easter Saturday 3rd April. Stallholder enquiries please email info [at] onemarket.com.au
- Prahran Market – Fresh fruit and vegetables, deli goods, organic produce, meat, gourmet products and specialty foods. Enjoy live jazz and free children’s activities. Open Sundays. 163 Commercial Rd, South Yarra.
- Queen Victoria Market – With fresh produce and specialty goods. Open every day excluding Monday. On Sundays Queen St is closed and converted into an outdoor cafe area with rides for children. Located on the corner of Queen and Elizabeth Streets in the Melbourne CBD. For market hours visit the website.
- Romsey Indoor Market – Clothes, plants, model cars, jewellery and craft, home baked goods, produce and hardware. Held every second Saturday, 9.00 am to 2.00 pm in the Mechanics Hall, Main St, Romsey.
- Rose Street Artists Market – An outlet for emerging artists and designers. Saturdays, 11.00 am to 5.00 pm at 60 Rose St, Fitzroy.
- Slow Food Melbourne Farmers’ Markets – Bring a bag as the market is plastic bag free. Seasonal, organic and low/no chemical fruit and vegetables, free range, rare breed and heritage meats, fish, chooks, handmade cheeses, pasta, condiments, bread, honey, seedlings and more Entry is $2. Fourth Saturday of each month. 8.00am to 1.00pm at the Abbotsford Convent, St Heliers St, Abbotsford.
- The South Melbourne Market – One of Melbourne’s most popular markets. It hosts a huge range of stalls including food, clothing, footwear, giftware and more. Open Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Cnr of York, Cecil and Coventry Streets, South Melbourne.
- Treefern Art & Craft Market – Operating on selected dates throughout 2010 at the Ferntree Gully Community Arts Centre. The market presents the work of local craftspeople and community groups, in conjunction with the Treefern Potters Open Studio. Enquiries: Please contact – Joanne Maggs: 0421699282 or Sarah Winter: 0407586232.
- vanity fair vintage fashion market: Melbourne’s new vintage fashion market. Bi monthly from 3 July 2010. Vintage, retro, designer, antique clothing, fashion accessories, buttons and bows, linen and lace, millinery and everything that Melbourne ‘fashionistas’ are looking for.
- Veg Out Community Gardens – Organic and low impact vegetables, herbs, juices, cheeses, honey, wine, smoked meat and fish, free range eggs and more. First Saturday of each month between 8.30am and 1.00pm at Peanut Farm Reserve (behind Veg Out, and also behind Acland St), Chaucer St, St Kilda.
- Werribee – Undercover Market – Fresh vegetables, jewellery, handcraft, wooden furniture, health products, plants. First Saturday of every month held at the Italian Sports Club at 601 Heaths Rd, Werribee.
- Williamstown Craft Market - Third Sunday of the month, 10.00am to 4.00pm at the Commonwealth Reserve, off Nelsons Pl, in Williamstown.
Promote your Markets
Occasional markets, eg Christmas markets can be posted in the relevant month of the forum and will then appear in our what’s on pages.
Please use the comments below to notify us of updates to the above listings.