- Collingwood Children’s Farm – Country Life for City Folk. Open every day of the year from 9am – 5pm
- Bimbimbie Fauna & Picnic Park – Australian Native Animal Park. Feed and walk through enclosure to feed kangaroo, wombats, emus, deer and see a variety of Australian birds. (sorry link broken)
- Federation Square website includes information about the development and architecture, exhibitions, events, maps etc… Farmers Market Held every Friday at Federation Square along the River. 12 noon until 6 pm
- Fitzroy Gardens detailed descriptions and photographs of features within the garden.
- Gasworks Arts Park a place of art, ideas and events, where people meet, explore and create. Situated in Albert Park, Victoria Gasworks is 3 kms from the Melbourne GPO. It is an arts precinct housed in renovated industrial buildings on what was the site of the Port Melbourne gas production plant.
- Heritage Victoria includes a Melbourne walking tour map with details of buildings to see. You can find out about the Victorian Heritage Program, browse or search the heritage register, and download application forms.
- Melbourne Aquarium
- Old Melbourne Gaol The Old Melbourne Gaol is home to Melbourne’s oldest prison, historic Magistrate’s Court and former Police City Watch House. Most of Australia’s infamous characters, including the iconic bushranger Ned Kelly and notorious gangster Squizzy Taylor have spent time within the walls of this amazing precinct. Winner of the Victorian Tourism Awards from 2008-2010.
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne Information about the gardens, including attractions and history.
- Tall Ship Enterprize Experience sailing on the replica of the tall ship that brought the first European settlers to Melbourne. Short sails and overnight adventure. Fun and excitement for all. Sails from Williamstown and other locations. Full details on website.
- Three Great Zoos – Melbourne Zoo, Healesville Sanctuary and Werribee Open Range Zoo. Each of Victoria’s 3 Zoos has an innovative master plan that displays a representative sample of the world’s fauna and flora in bioclimatic zones. Victoria clearly has three of the world’s great zoos.
- The Wheeler Centre is Australia’s first Centre for Books, Writing and Ideas. See their website for a calendar of events.
Tours to get to know Melbourne
- Melbourne Lanes and Arcades Walking Tour ( from Viator)
Commences at Melbourne
Discover the secrets and hidden treasures of Melbourne's lanes and arcades on this small-group walking tour. Immerse yourself in the heritage and culture of this cosmopolitan city, visit local artisans and up and coming fashion designers. Join the café society and soak up the atmosphere of old world charm. see more info and booking details from Viator
- Melbourne's Underbelly Crime Tour ( from Viator)
Commences at Melbourne
Murders, mobsters and mayhem await as you discover the darker side of Melbourne. Walk in the footsteps of notorious criminals as you explore Melbourne's seedy underbelly on a 4-hour tour through the scenes of some of the city's most infamous criminal events. see more info and booking details from Viator
Melbourne Sightseeing and Attraction Pass
(book online with Viator)