Williamstown is a waterfront suburb on Port Phillip Bay, just 8km south-west of Melbourne CBD where the Yarra River enters the bay. It was Melbourne’s first port, established in 1837. The historic Nelson Place now contains some excellent waterfront restaurants and cafes with views of the foreshore and beyond to the city skyline.
Williamstown Accommodation & Services
- Punthill Williamstown - 4-18 Ferguson Street, Williamstown, 3016
4.5star or equiv with Booking.com
Punthill Williamstown is a modern apartment hotel located in the trendy suburb of Williamstown, at beautiful Hobson's Bay. Check availability and price here
- See also bookings up to 180 days ahead with Wotif.com, Australia’s leading last-minute online booking provider. Wotif.com have a 24/7 customer service centre. Search all Melbourne last minute accommodation or go straight to Williamstown accommodation
Williamstown Serviced Offices
- Serviced Offices: West Melbourne Melbourne, 3016: 12-16 Parker Street,,
This is a newly renovated and furnished building. Offering a comprehensive range of services, including wheelchair access, car park and storage facilities. Click here for more details and free, no-obligation enquiry service about this and other offices in Melbourne.
- Ghosts of The Old City Williamstown Melbourne, VIC (FreemanX Experience Ref:275216)
Bring your friends along for this exciting yet chilling ghost tour experience as you explore King Williams Town, the original capital of Victoria, by lamp light! Steeped with history, apparitions, alleyways and lager it was once a thriving town full of colourful ladies, drunken sailors and convicts.
Hear stories of a… get more details or buy experience vouchers from FreemanX...
- Seaplane Lunch At The Baths - For 2 (MSP211 RedBalloon experience voucher)
Activity for 2 people
An incredible way to indulge in a spot of lunch! Fly by seaplane to The Baths restaurant in Sorrento for a lunch with wine for 2. During the flights there and back you'll take in some of Melbourne's most famous landmarks from an amazing perspective.. get more details or buy vouchers from RedBalloon
Events and activities in Williamstown
- Tours in Melbourne & Victoria
- Melbourne Sightseeing Tours Events & Attractions from Viator
- Williamstown Visitor Information Centre
- HMAS Castlemaine World War 2 Minesweeper
Williamstown Community Links
- City of Hobsons Bay Council includes Altona North, Brooklyn, Laverton and Williamstown. See the site for local information and community services, and their local profile of Williamstown
- The Hobsons Bay Community Arts Centre, known as ‘The Substation’, is a high profile community project in the inner west of Melbourne. The building itself is an imposing brick structure located within Newport village.
- Williamstown High School
- Williamstown Primary School
- Williamstown North Primary School
- Westbourne Grammar School