Byron Bay is on the eastern coast of Australia, about 200 km south of Brisbane, 105K south of Surfers Paradise and 800 km north of Sydney.
During the summer months Byron is flooded with tourists, many of them surfers vying for the best waves. There are plenty of beaches in and around Byron to choose from including Main Beach, which is close to the esplanade and is patrolled by surf lifesavers. There is also Tallow, Clarkes and Belongil – a dog’s beach and Kings which is frequented by nude sunbathers.
Byron is also a popular Easter holiday due to the annual East Coast Blues and Roots Festival.
Another popular attraction is Australia’s most easterly point, Cape Byron. The lighthouse here was built in 1901. Many locals and tourists alike make the morning trek to this point to be amongst the first in Australia to watch the sunrise.
Byron Bay Services & Accommodation
- Byron Bay Luxury Hotels and Resorts – 5 star
- Byron Bay Luxury Accommodation – 4.5 star
- Byron Bay Quality Accommodation – 4 star
- Byron Bay Budget Accommodation – 3.5 star
- Byron Bay Cheap Accommodation – 3 star
- Byron Bay motels
- Byron Bay Holiday Cabins and Cottages – Australia
- Byron Bay Backpackers Hostels
Byron Bay Tours and Activities
- Byron Bay & Ballina Skydiving
- Byron Bay Tours day tours and extended surf tours to Byron Bay
- Tiger Moth Joyflights Byron Bay & Northern NSW
Community Links & Information
- Byron Bay postcode – 2481
- Byron Bay Community Centre
- Byron Shire Council
- Byron Echo – The area’s free, independent community newspaper
- Byron Bay Writers Festival – A three day festival held the first weekend in August each year. Set in the grounds of the Byron Bay Beach Resort. Crowds come to listen to their favourite writers and engage in conversations about books.
- Bluesfest – East Coast Blues & Roots Festival
- Wikipedia about Byron Bay