Hunter Valley Region
The Hunter Valley extends from Murrurundi in the north to Cessnock in the south. The southern regions of this area are 2 to 3 hours drive from Sydney.
The Hunter Region is well known for historical towns, wine regions and attractive rural landscapes. This region offers a diverse range of landscapes from the mountainous wilderness of the Barrington Tops National Park to the sub-tropical coastal regions of Newcastle and Lake Macquarie.
Weekend escapes and winery tours are just two of the region’s tourist attractions. There are over 100 wineries in this area and its proximity to Sydney makes it popular with local tourists.
- Barrington Tops
- Muswellbrook and Upper Hunter
Hunter Region Accommodation
- Accommodation The Hunter Valley
- Wotif.com last minute listings for Hunter Region Check availability and get instant confirmation for bookings up to 6 months ahead with Wotif.com, Australia’s leading last-minute online booking provider. Wotif.com have a 24/7 customer service centre.
Hunter Valley Wines
- A Little Luxury Gifts, Customisable Baskets and Hampers includes Hunter Valley wines in some gifts and you can include a bottle with any gift.
Hunter Region Restaurants
- Hunter Valley Luncheon Tour by Helicopter ( Request Booking from Viator)
Commences at Sydney
Indulge in a day of luxury and treat someone special to an amazing wining and dining experience. Fly from Sydney to the famed Hunter Valley by helicopter, with spectacular aerial views of the Sydney Opera House, iconic landmarks and coastline. Enjoy a private wine tasting and a three-course gourmet lunch at an award-winning restaurant. see more info and booking details from Viator
Hunter Region Links
- Feast of the Olive
- Festival of Flowers - is held annually at the Hunter Valley Gardens in Pokolbin.
- Music in the Hunter Chamber Music Festival - annual chamber music festival
- SteamFest in Maitland. Be sure not to miss the hiss, toot and chug of Australia’s premier festival of steam. This festival is dedicated to steam engines.