Parkes in Central NSW, is 365km from Sydney and 306km from Canberra. Originally a goldmining settlement, it was renamed Parkes after Sir Henry Parkes, the ‘Father of Federation’. Parkes is perhaps best known as home of ‘The Dish’ – the CSIRO Parkes Radio Telescope.
The Henry Parkes Centre houses The King’s Castle Elvis Exhibit, Parkes Motor Museum, Parkes Museum and Antique Machinery collection and the Parkes Visitor Information Centre.
With Booking.com, you can book accommodation in Sydney and around Australia for tonight, next week, or book weeks and months ahead to get best choice in busy school holiday seasons, Christmas, New Year and for special events. Immediate confirmation. Genuine guest reviews. Good maps. Multilingual website and customer service. No booking fees. Pay when you stay.
- Comfort Inn Bushman's - 9-13 Peakhill Road, Parkes, 2870
4star or equiv. Featuring an outdoor saltwater pool, Comfort Inn Bushman's offers 4-star accommodation with a flat-screen satellite TV and DVD player. Guests enjoy an on-site restaurant and lounge bar. Check availability and book online here
- Comfort Inn Parkes International - 18-32 Peak Hill Road, Parkes, 2870
4star or equiv. Offering a swimming pool, a restaurant and a cocktail bar, Comfort Inn Parkes International is 5 minutes' drive from central Parkes. All rooms offer a kitchenette and a large flat-screen TV. Check availability and book online here
- Hotel Gracelands - 7-9 Bushman Street, Parkes, 2870
4star or equiv. Opened in early 2013, the beautifully renovated 4-star boutique Hotel Gracelands offers modern, spacious accommodation with free Wi-Fi and a large HD flat-screen TV. It features a private lounge, a games room and an outdoor BBQ area. Check availability and book online here
- Station Motel - 82 Peak Hill Road (Newell Highway), Parkes, 2870
4star or equiv. Winner of TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence award for 2011, 2012 and 2013, Station Motel offers free broadband internet, an on-site restaurant and free parking. Check availability and book online here
- Country Comfort Parkes - 54-56 Peak Hill Road, Parkes, 2870
3.5star or equiv. Located on the Newell Highway between Brisbane and Melbourne, this motel features a restaurant, bar and indoor heated swimming pool with spa pool. All rooms include free cable TV with movie channels. Check availability and book online here
- Court Street Motel - 10 Court Street, Parkes, 2870
3.5star or equiv. Offering a restaurant, a bar and a sunny terrace Court Street Motel is just 10 minutes' walk from Parkes Train Station. All rooms feature a private balcony and a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Check availability and book online here
- Parkview Motor Inn - 34 Forbes Street, Parkes, 2870
3.5star or equiv. Offering a saltwater swimming pool, Parkview Motor Inn is 3 minutes' drive from central Parkes. Guests enjoy an on-site restaurant, a bar and a BBQ area. All rooms offer a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a desk and a refrigerator. Check availability and book online here
- The Spanish Lantern Motor Inn - 62 Peak Hill Road, Parkes, 2870
3.5star or equiv. A 1-minute walk from the Henry Parkes Museum, The Spanish Lantern Motor Inn offers an outdoor pool, free parking on site and rooms with free Wi-Fi access. Check availability and book online here
- Best Western Moonraker Motor Inn - 444 Clarinda Street, Parkes, 2870
3star or equiv. Featuring a tennis court, an outdoor pool and a restaurant, Moonraker Motor Inn is just 10 minutes' walk from the Griffiths Showgrounds. It offers air-conditioned suites with satellite TV and free in-house movies. Check availability and book online here
- See also Wotif.com listings for Parkes Check availability and get instant confirmation for bookings up to 6 months ahead with Wotif.com, Australia’s leading last-minute online booking provider. Wotif.com have a 24/7 customer service centre.
Parkes School & Community Links
- Local Council: Parkes Shire Council
- Postcode: 2870
- Parkes Public School
- Parkes High School
- Parkes East Public School
- Middleton Public School