Moving to Perth & Western Australia
We invite you to browse the pages of BCL to find a wide variety of information related to your needs and interests
On this page we have grouped links to information of particular interest to people planning to move to Perth and Australia.
Entry Visas etc
- The Western Australian Migration portal is a single web-based point of entry for accurate and current information on skilled migration from the Western Australian government.
- Australian Immigration
- Fact Sheets
- Information for migrants and refugees
- Information for -
- Workers for professionals and other skilled workers seeking work or business in Australia
- Migrants People moving permanently to Australia or returning from overseas
- Visitors Tourists, working holiday makers, people visiting family or friends, or visiting for business or an event
- Students People studying or seeking study, training, or skills development in Australia. Education agents and providers
- Employers Employers who sponsor skilled people to work in Australia
- Applications & Forms Online and printable applications, information forms and booklets
- Humanitarian Information for people seeking assistance under the refugee and humanitarian programme
- Australian Customs Service
- Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service
includes info on taking your cat, dog or other animals into or out of Australia
- Medicare Information Kit for new arrivals translated into 19 languages. This website contains important information about Medicare, the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme, Australian Childhood Immunisation Register, Australian Organ Donor Register and Family Assistance Office. Find out about your entitlements to Medicare, how to get a Medicare card, how to enrol your children on the Immunisation Register, how to become an organ donor etc.
Employment and Work
You must have the appropriate visa to work in Australia. See
- BCL employment page has links to agencies and information.
Cost of Living
- The Universal Currency Converter will tell you how Australian dollars compare to your own currency.
- Check award wages using Fair Work.
It is difficult to arrange permanent accommodation before you arrive. Taking a week or so in a hotel or apartment while you look for something more permanent is often the most practical solution.
Moving to a new city or country can be difficult without support. These contacts may be of use to you. Advice offered on newsgroups and mailing lists may not be reliable. Please seek professional advice when needed.
- See Multi-cultural Groups in Perth and Western Australia for groups of expats.
- Newcomers Network
- British Expats Online Forum