Port Augusta, SA Port Augusta, on the Eyre Peninsula, is the most northerly port in South Australia, approximately 310 kilometres from Adelaide. It is a supply centre for the outback areas of the state, and a thriving industrial city. It is adjacent to the Flinders Ranges, and is a popular stopping point for tourists.
Port Augusta Accommodation
With Booking.com, you can book accommodation in Adelaide and South Australia weeks or months ahead to get best choice, especially in busy school holiday seasons, Christmas, New Year and for special events. Immediate confirmation. Genuine guest reviews. Good maps. Multilingual website and customer service. No booking fees. Pay when you stay.
- Port Augusta Big4 Holiday Village - Cnr Highway One & Stokes Terrace, Port Augusta, 5700
4.5star or equiv. Port Augusta Big4 Holiday Village is situated right at the foothills of the Flinders Ranges, where the desert meets the sea. Guests can enjoy free barbecues, a swimming pool, a toddler's pool and a camp kitchen. Check availability and book online here
- Majestic Oasis Apartments - Marryatt Street, Port Augusta, 5700
4star or equiv. Majestic Oasis Apartments is located in Port Augusta, overlooking the waters of the Upper Spencer Gulf. It offers modern self-catering apartments including modern barbeque facilities and a swimming pool. Check availability and book online here
- Acacia Ridge Motor Inn - 33 Stokes Terrace, Port Augusta, 5700
3.5star or equiv. Situated between the Flinders Ranges and the Spencer Gulf, Acacia Ridge Motor Inn offers a swimming pool and free on-site parking. All rooms offer a flat-screen TV and a refrigerator. Accommodation options include private rooms and family suites. Check availability and book online here
- Augusta Courtyard Motel - 10 Eyre Highway, Port Augusta, 5700
3.5star or equiv. Conveniently located within 10 minutes' walking distance to Port Augusta town centre, the Augusta Courtyard Motel offers spacious rooms and barbecue facilities. Free continental breakfast is provided. Check availability and book online here
- Pampas Motel Port Augusta - 76 Stirling Road, Port Augusta, 5700
3.5star or equiv. Pampas Motel Port Augusta is a refurbished building established in 1883, the last heritage hotel built in that era. The property overlooks the waters of the upper Spencer Gulf and Flinders Ranges. Check availability and book online here
Port Augusta School & Community Links & Information
- Pichi Richi Railway is an operating museum, operating regular heritage train journeys on the oldest remaining section of the famous narrow-gauge old Ghan railway. Trains depart from Quorn and Port Augusta.
- Postcode: 5700
- Local Council: Port Augusta City Council
- Port Augusta Secondary School