Charity and Non-profit Shops
Many charities and non-profit organisations sell products to spread their message and to raise funds. The shops below are listed free of charge.
- Aboriginal Resource and Development Services Inc (ARDS) has publications for sale to anyone interested in learning more about indigenous culture and language.
- Amnesty International Australia Online Shop – Their online shop includes books, t-shirts, greeting cards, corporate cards, jewellery, children’s products, and sale items. Profits from purchases go towards helping defend and promote human rights.
- Greenfleet is a an Australian environmental not-for-profit charity. Since 1997, they’ve planted about 7 million native trees in several states of Australia. Greenfleet projects help revegetate cleared areas in Australia with endemic biodiverse forests. Our forests take carbon from the atmosphere to tackle climate change, but they also do much more: they help provide essential habitat for native wildlife, reduce salinity and soil erosion, for example. We plant in our “own” backyard with sites across New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia and Victoria. We work with National Parks on many projects to create vegetation links and wildlife corridors. Greenfleet have a range of gift ideas which help fundraise to plant more native trees. The details are available online: Greenfleet are truly local, dedicated to restore the beauty of Australian landscapes and preserve our unique biodiversity.
- Guide Dogs NSW/ACT - Aims to enhance the quality of life of people who are blind or vision impaired by assisting in their achievement of independence through access and mobility. For wine, toys, homewares, books, puzzles, calendars and more.
- Karma Currency offer tax deductible charity gift vouchers that allow the recipient to save children, protect forests, rescue gorillas, find cures, educate minds and countless other charitable deeds. Hundreds of charities are registered with thousands of gifts available. You can even set up your own gift registry for your special day!
- Leukaemia Foundation online shop includes Christmas earrings, cards, wristbands, collector bear pins.
- Oxfam Unwrapped – Looking for exciting and original gift ideas? Oxfam Unwrapped offers the perfect gift solution for those who have everything whilst helping the work of Oxfam at the same time. Your friends will receive a card detailing the present you bought them and the real item goes to those who need it most. And because you’re helping Oxfam Australia fight poverty, your purchases are also tax deductible. Once you’ve purchased your gift, you will receive a tax receipt either via email or by post.
- Red Cross
- The Royal Society for the Blind (RSB) is a not-for-profit organisation providing free services to South Australians who have a severe vision impairment. These services are delivered by a professional, committed and highly qualified team supported by volunteers, drawn from all age groups and walks of life. The RSB online shop has a wide variety of products ranging from RSB Merchandise to large print books, magnifiers, talking products, tactile games and many other low vision aids! The RSB Merchandise range features many gifts ideas from cute plush RSB Guide Dog pups to Puppy Calendars and Puppy Christmas Cards.
- Salvos Stores online shop for the Salvos with some of the most interesting collectibles and other goods that have turned up in their charity shops around Australia.
- The Wilderness Society Shop – Body & Lip Balm, Insect Repellents, Soap, Children’s Books, T-shirts, T-shirts for Children, Music: Natures Sounds, Prints and Posters, Stickers, Candles, Incense, Calendars & Diaries
- Worldvision Smiles – Smiles gifts really do change lives! Last Christmas, Australians purchased unique and useful gifts for thousands of children, families and communities in need, spreading smiles around the world.
It’s a funny concept, but one that helps your gift giving dilemma and the work of Oxfam Australia at the same time.