Anniversary gifts can be one of the most difficult to choose – not only for the friends and family, but sometimes also for partners.
Anniversary gifts for your wife or husband can reinforce or threaten the bond between you. It really is a matter of expectations. If you or your partner have unrealistic expectations, buying gifts can be a minefield.
On the other hand, if you approach it with some humour and kindness, it can remind you why you became, and why you want to remain, a couple. Here are some ideas to make life easier for both of you…
- Make it the same thing every year – build a re-assuring traditional of your favourite brand of chocolates to share, a hamper containing your favourite wine (tradition plus surprise), or a collection you build with one new item to make each year. This can be the most adaptable option and cope with varying financial conditions throughout the years.
- Make it a shared experience – buy an experience voucher for a meal, a getaway, and adventure or more.
- Don’t buy anything - make it a day where you give your time or attention. Go for a long walk, make and eat a meal together, do something that sets the day apart so it is one where you relax, talk and reconnect. Give presence rather than presents.
- Escape the family and friends – get away from their expectations as well. Book a quiet hotel room, a weekend retreat, or just get a babysitter in for the night.
Shop Online For Anniversary Gifts
- A Little Luxury is one of our favourite gift stores with a wide range of unusual and elegant gifts, homewares and customisable gift baskets. (more on our Little Luxury shop page.) They have something for all tastes, including…
- Gifts for her and Gifts for him.
- Fine Italian-made Gifts Duomo Florentine Stationery, Italian leather-bound journals and much more.
- Wedding & Engagement Gifts
- Wine & Alcohol Gifts – Little Luxury have an extensive wine list. All wines can be purchased on their own, as part of hampers or combined with other gifts.
– Red Wine – White Wine & Rose – Champagne & Sparkling – Beer, Spirits & Liqueur – Wine Glasses – Other Drinking Gifts – Decanters, tankards and bottle openers.
Celebration - Sparkling Wine Hamper
just one of many
Wine & Champagne Hampers
and Gifts for Women
from A Little Luxury Online Gift Shop
- Caricature King – unique gifts made from a photo of the happy couple. Digital caricatures from under $50, poster print or print and framing options.
- Celebration Giftware offers themed and personalised gifts for specific occasions. See all their anniversary gifts or some selected ones listed below.
- Cool Things is all about the latest cool gadgets, gizmos and gifts that make you say “That’s Cool.” See some light-hearted novelty gifts in Cool Gifts for lovers
- Edible Blooms gourmet chocolate bouquets, home baked cookie blooms, fresh fruit flowers and hampers including French champagne and speciality beers. Same day delivery is available in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide for many products. Australia-wide delivery is available for most items except fresh fruit.
- Love is a Rose (US) – Keepsake anniversary flowers with 24kt gold, silver, or platinum trim. From single flowers to bouquets to flowers in glass presentation cases. Worldwide shipping available.
Anniversary “Experience” Gifts Australia
Instead of a traditional gift, you could give an experience to share.
- See WOWchers.com.au to browse thousands of Australian & New Zealand experience vouchers by category. See their…
- Book a hotel getaway to revisit a favourite hotel or explore a new destination.
Traditional Anniversary Gift by year.
1 – Well – you made it through the first year! The traditional 1st anniversary gift is paper and the modern gift is the clock.
5 - For 5th wedding anniversaries, the traditional gift is wood and the modern gift is silverware.
10 - The traditional gift to make your decade together is tin and the modern gift is diamond. You don’t have to stick to these ideas but if you do, be creative – it doesn’t have to be a real diamond – it could be a diamond-shaped tin of biscuits.
15 - The traditional 15th anniversary gift is crystal and the modern gift is the watch.
20 - The traditional 20th anniversary gift is china and the modern gift is platinum.
25 - Both the traditional and modern 25th anniversary gifts are silver.
30 - The traditional 30th anniversary gift is pearl and the modern gift is diamond.
35 - The traditional 35th anniversary gift is coral and the modern gift is jade.
40 - Ruby is both the traditional and modern gift for 40th wedding anniversaries.
45 - Sapphire is both the traditional and modern gift for 45th wedding anniversaries.
50 - Gold is the traditional and modern gift for 50th wedding anniversaries.
55 - Emerald is the traditional and modern gift for 55th wedding anniversaries.
60 - Both the traditional and modern 60th anniversary gifts are diamond.