Ballarat, Victoria’s largest inland city, is a major regional retail centre. Part of the Goldfields region, the historic town of Ballarat was originally one of the centres of the gold-boom, and was the site of the Eureka Stockade.
Ballarat is 110 kilometres north-west of Melbourne. It is 450 metres above sea level experiences and temperatures tend to be 2 to 3 degrees below those for Melbourne. Ballarat residents enjoy a temperate climate with four seasons.
Ballarat Accommodation, Things to See & Do
- Accommodation in Ballarat
- Accommodation in Creswick
- Tours to Ballarat from Melbourne
- Ballarat Victoria experience vouchers
Ballarat School & Community Links & Information
- The main postcode of Ballarat is 3350
- Local Council: City of Ballarat
- Schools, Colleges and Universities:
- City of Ballarat Council website
- Visit Ballarat official tourism site
- viclink public transport in regional Victoria
- Ballarat Begonia Festival The Ballarat Begonia Festival Parade and Festival are annual events
- Ballarat Heritage Weekend website contains details, photos and maps of places to visit
- Ballarat Fine Art Gallery
- Australian Open Road Cycling Championships
- Commerce Ballarat is an independent business group for business and retail operators
- Power FM POWERFM Ballarat services the Ballarat, Creswick, Maryborough, Ararat, Meredith, Daylesford and Ballan region
- Prime TV
- Ballarat Aero Club
- Ballarat Wildlife Park
- Sweet Monas Choir – The group began in 1966 and are based in Ballarat.
- The Great Dividing Trail, a 280km public walking trail follows the top of the Great Dividing Range from Bacchus Marsh to Blackwood, Daylesford, Castlemaine, Bendigo, Creswick, Ballarat and Buninyong.