Someone to talk to
- Anglicare South Australia – Counselling services for families, couples, and individuals as well as relationship and marriage counselling.
- University of Adelaide Counselling Service – free and confidential service for students.
Australia-wide – Telephone and face-to-face counselling
- Family Relationships – local support centres and telephone service around Australia, funded by the federal government.
- Kids Helpline – 24 hour telephone and online counselling service for children and young people. Free, confidential and anonymous.
- Lifeline – 24 hour telephone counselling and local counselling centres.
- Life Goes On 24hour 7days telephone counselling service for patients and families facing the challenges of a serious illness, care at the end of life, or bereavement. All counsellors have survived a serious illness or cared for someone they loved so they understand what you’re going through. All counsellors have been highly trained to take your call.
- MensLine Australia – phone counselling for men.
- Reach Out! information and support for teenagers and young people.
- Salvation Army – 24 hour counselling
- Relationships Australia – relationship counselling for couples, families, and individuals.
- SANE Australia runs a helpline that provides information, referrals, and crisis contact details (not telephone counselling).
- The Vietnam Veterans Association of Australia free counselling for veterans and their families and 24 hour telephone service.