Volunteer Groups in Adelaide and South Australia
Volunteers are always needed and it is a quick way to make friends. See also community groups.
- Amnesty International – South Australia and Northern Territory
- Australian Red Cross – South Australia
- Cancer Council – South Australia
- Community Food SA Inc – A non-profit, low cost grocery centre for families in need.
- Department for Environment and Heritage – Has opportunities to volunteer at various parks and historical sites in Adelaide.
- Edmund Rice Camps (SA) Inc – providing camps for children in need.
- Holiday Explorers – Volunteering opportunities available for tour guides to travel on holidays with people with intellectual disabilities.
- Pichi Richi Railway – An operating museum, operating regular heritage train journeys on the oldest remaining section of the famous narrow-gauge old Ghan railway. The railway is operated, maintained and managed by volunteers.
- Radio Adelaide – The community radio station is run by volunteers.
- Uniting Communities Adelaide recognises that people of all ages and backgrounds will come across challenges in their life. We offer professional and non-judgemental support for individuals and families
- Women’s and Children’s Hospital Adelaide – Hospital volunteers work in the creche, the paediatric wards, the post natal wards and more. Visit the website to volunteer.
- YWCA of Adelaide – The Big Brothers Big Sisters Program provides mentors to disadvantaged children in Adelaide.