These are links to a wide range of national and state archives. Scroll down for the states.
- Australian Lesbian and Gay Archives
- Australian Museum Archives
- Australian Science Archives Project
- Australian Data Archive The Australian Data Archive (ADA) provides a national service for the collection and preservation of digital research data and to make these data available for secondary analysis by academic researchers and other users.
- Australian Society of Archivists – Formed in 1975 in response to the growing number of archivists in Australia and to the increasing demand for archival skills.
- Australian Trade Union Archives for researchers and scholars of labour history
- Australian War Graves Photographic Archive
- The Council of Australasian Archives and Records Authorities – Comprises the heads of the government archives authorities of the Commonwealth of Australia, New Zealand and each of the Australian States and Territories.
- National Archives of Australia
- National Film and Sound Archive
- Reserve Bank of Australia – Archives
- Trove Australian and online resources:
books, images, historic newspapers, maps, music, archives and more
ACT Canberra Archives
- Archives ACT
- Lu Rees Archives of Australian Children’s Literature – Part of the University of Canberra
- National Archives of Australia – Queen Victoria Terrace, Parkes.
- National Film and Sound Archive – McCoy Circuit, Acton.
- Australian National University Archives The ANU Archives preserves the university’s own archives and collects archives of business, trade unions, professional associations and industry bodies, to support research by the University community and the general public.
- Territory Records Office
New South Wales Archives
- City of Sydney – History and Archives
- State Records NSW
- The Sydney Morning Herald Archives
- The University of Sydney Archives
- Northern Territory Archives Service – services include preservation of government and community archives, provision of public access to archives collections and the provision of records management policy, standards and advice relating to appraisal, disposal and the management of permanent records.
- Brisbane City Council Library – Search for Brisbane images.
- Brisbane Boys’ College
- Brisbane City Archives – 15/107 Muriel Ave, Moorooka.
- Brisbane Girls Grammar School
- Brisbane History Group
- The Order of the Sisters of Mercy Brisbane Congregation — Mercy Heritage Centre
- Enoggera & Districts Historical Society – Open to the public for research and for viewing of exhibits each Thursday, 9.30am to 2.00pm, and on the first Saturday afternoon of each month from 1.00pm to 4.00pm. Other times by arrangement. Enoggera Memorial Hall, Trundle St, Enoggera.
- Queensland Maritime Museum Association
- Queensland State Archives
- Royal Historical Society of Queensland
- State Library of Queensland — John Oxley Library , Manuscripts and Business Records Collection
- University of Queensland — Fryer Library and Department of Special Collections
- Monash University – Records and Archives Services
- Public Record Office Victoria
- State Library of Victoria
- University of Melbourne – Records Services