Sunday, 2 August 2020 is National Tree Day, a community tree planting event organised by Planet Ark. To get involved or find your nearest site, check the website. Friday 31 July 2020 is Schools Tree...
Website promoting the idea of using verge gardens as wildlife corridors throughout cities and suburbs to increase habitat, help tackle urban heat effect and increase walkability. W: www.naturestrips.com.au F: @naturestrips.com.au The website includes a directory...
Wildife rescue/welfare. Rescue and care of flying-foxes and microbats when they get into trouble in our urban environment which is becoming too regular, barbed wire, back yard fruit tree netting. Average 6 calls per day...
The Tasmanian Parks and Wildlife Service is the managing authority of Tasmania's world-renowned reserve system and seeks to conserve the State's natural and cultural heritage while providing for sustainable use and economic opportunities for the...
Conservation Volunteers makes it easy for people to care for nature by volunteering on one of our many conservation projects across the country. Volunteers come from a wide range of backgrounds and no prior skills or experience...
EDO Tasmania is a non-profit community legal centre advising on environmental and planning law. Our aim is to increase public awareness of environmental laws and remedies, and help the community to secure a healthy, sustainable...
Environment Tasmania is the conservation council - the peak group for environment organisations in the state. We're a not-for-profit, non-partisan campaigning organisation, with 18 member groups active on issues ranging from climate change to marine protection....
The Wilderness Society is powered by over 30,000 Australians from all walks of life. We work to support the living world that makes all life possible. (Including our own.) Together, we're taking on transnational corporations,...
The Save the Tasmanian Devil Program (STDP) is the official response to the threat of extinction of the Tasmanian devil due to Devil Facial Tumour Disease (DFTD). The vision for the program is for an...
The Tarkine is one of the world’s great wild places. It is an expansive 447,000 hectare wilderness area of recognised World Heritage significance in the North-West corner of Tasmania, Australia’s island state. The Tarkine contains...
Ravenhill Raptor Recovery is a group of volunteers on the North-West coast of Tasmania, who work together to rescue, raise and rehabilitate injured and orphaned Tasmanian native wildlife. Our group is also a proud member...
ACF is Australia's national environment organisation. We are half a million people who speak out for a world where forests, rivers, people and wildlife thrive. We are proudly independent, non-partisan and funded by donations from...
The Environmental Defender's Office - (EDO) Ltd is a not-for-profit community legal centre specialising in public interest environmental law. We help the individuals and community groups who are working to protect the natural and built...
Doctors for the Environment Australia aims to utilise the skills of members of the medical profession to address the ill health resulting from damage to the natural environment at local, national and global levels. Concerns...
The Shady Lanes Project extends verge gardening from the realm of gardening enthusiasts to make verge gardens like this “the new normal”, cooling our cities and suburbs, creating walkable streets, building community. How it could...
Old Listings waiting for review
- National Organic Week Australia (NOW) is 10 days of activities designed to increase awareness of the benefits of organic products and farming production systems and accelerate the uptake of these in the wider Australian community and environment.
- Association of Societies for Growing Australian Plants – Has information and contacts about the cultivation, propagation, conservation and appreciation of Australia's native flora.
- Australasian Native Orchid Society
- Australian Bulb Association
- Australian Institute of Horticulture
- Australian Marine Conservation Society
- Australian and New Zealand Solar Energy Society (ANZSES) – Promotes scientific, social & economic development through the environmentally sound utilisation of solar energy.
- Australian Orangutan Project – A group that supports all orangutan conservation organisations.
- Australian Rainforest Foundation – A non-profit organisation dedicated to education, research and habitat rehabilitation for Australia's rainforests.
- Australian Vegetarian Society – Monthly social events
- The Bromeliad Society of Australia
- Beyond Zero Emissions Inc. is a not-for-profit research and education organisation developing blueprints for the implementation of climate change solutions. Their goal is to transform Australia from a 19th century fossil fuel based economy to a 21st century renewable powered clean tech economy. Through the Zero Carbon Australia research project BZE is encouraging climate change policy that is in line with the science. By sharing this research with thousands of Australians via the Repower Australia talks program, BZE is engaging, educating and inspiring the community with real and positive solutions to climate change.
- Bureau of Meteorology – Information on climate change.
- Cactus and Succulent Society of Australia
- Clean Energy for Eternity – Aims to help the community understand the challenge of climate change.
- Climate Action Network Australia
- ClimateWatch was developed to understand the effects climate change is having on our earth's natural processes. The first project of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere, ClimateWatch will allow every Australian to be involved in collecting and recording data that will help shape the country's scientific response to climate change.
- CSIRO Overiew of the CSIRO's research and development pertaining to environmental issues.
- Department of the Environment and Water Resources (Federal Government)
- Earthwatch Australia
- Eco Voice – Online news and events.
- Friends of the Earth Australia
- Fungimap Inc is a non-profit citizen-science organisation dedicated to raising the profile of Australia's incredible fungal diversity.Our emphasis is on enjoying and learning about fungi and our focus is on macrofungi in the natural environment.Our mottos are ‘Putting Australian fungi on the map' and ‘Community based science in action'.Fungimap maintains the National Australian Fungimap Database (NAFD) containing over 100,000 records and 6,500 images of fungi from over 700 contributors nationwide
- Greening Australia
- Greenpeace Australia-Pacific
- Householders' Options to Protect the Environment Inc. HOPE encourages people to take responsibility for their relationship with the environment in their daily lives. HOPE’s focus is to:
1. Raise awareness by providing people with information – letting people know about current environmental issues;
2. Educate – suggestions on how to tackle these issues;
3. Show – how easily it can be done
- Landcare Australia
- Nature Keepers – Hosts regular hands-on activities to learn about, monitor, protect and restore our natural environment.
- Planet Ark
- Recycling Near You – a Planet Ark initiative. On this site you can search for information about the recycling and waste services offered by your council. You can also find specific local recycling options for a wide range of products. You can also find reports, guides, links and other recycling information at recyclingnearyou.com.au/education/
- The Royal National Rose Society
- Smogbusters – Promotes alternative transport to combat air pollution.
- Sustainable Population Australia
- The Wilderness Society Australia
- Urban Environment News features the latest environment, sustainability and natural resource management news for urban and peri-urban areas in Australia.
- WWF Australia
- Your Home – technical government website with advice on safe and sustainable home design