Posted 2 months ago by
Children's Book Council of Australia is a volunteer-run organisation that encourages young people to read and enjoy books, promotes excellence in books for young people and encourages high standards of reviewing. Each state and territory...
Posted 2 months ago by
Queensland Writers Centre is a community that champions writers across Queensland. We help writers at all stages of their writing journey develop skills to improve their craft, engage their readers and build a sustainable career.
Find out how to be listed here
The listings below are out of date and will be removed shortly.
Societies and Associations for Writers and Editors
- Australian Bush Poets Association Inc
- Australian Chapter of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI)
- Australian Horror Writers Association
- Australian Licensing Corporation
- Australian Poetry Centre
- Australian Publishers Association
- Australian Society of Authors
- Australian Society of Travel Writers
- Australian Writers Guild – Professional association for performance writers.
- Children's Book Council of Australia – a volunteer-run organisation that encourages young people to read and enjoy books, promotes excellence in books for young people and encourages high standards of reviewing. Each state and territory has its own branch.
- Copyright Agency Limited
- May Gibbs Children's Literature Trust
- Romance Writers of Australia Inc
- Royal Australian Navy Writers
- Sisters in Crime Australia – Supports female writers of crime fiction.
- The Arts Office of the Queensland Government
- Bundaberg Writers' Club
- Carindale Writers' Group
- Fellowship of Australia Writers – Queensland branch
- Gold Coast Writers Association
- Mackay-Pioneer Valley Arts Council Writers Group – based in Mackay
- Queensland Society of Editors
- Queensland Writers Centre
- Queensland Writing Yahoo group for Queensland writers.
- Writers in Townsville Soc. Inc.
New South Wales
- Booranga Writers Centre – At Charles Sturt University. Home of the Wagga Wagga Writers Writers (WWWW).
- Central West Writers Centre – Based in Orange.
- Fellowship of Australian Writers – NSW Branch includes regional writers groups around New South Wales.
- Hunter Writers Centre – Newcastle and Hunter region
- Nambucca Valley Writers Group – South of Coffs Harbour.
- New England Writers' Centre – Armidale
- New South Wales Society of Editors
- New South Wales Writers' Centre for professional and aspiring writers. See their list of NSW Writing Groups
- Northern Rivers Writers Centre – Byron Bay
- Professional Editors' Association NSW Inc
- Society of Women Writers NSW Inc
- South Coast Writers Centre South Coast and Southern Highlands
- Sydney PEN – The Sydney branch of this international organisation, which promotes freedom of expression and reading.
- Varuna Writers Centre – Katoomba, Blue Mountains.
- Goulburn Valley Writers Group
- Melbourne PEN – The Melbourne branch of this international organisation, which promotes freedom of expression and reading.
- Melbourne Poets Union
- Society of Women Writers – Victoria Inc
- Victorian Fellowship of Writers
- Victorian Society of Editors
South Australia – BCL Adelaide Writers groups
- The Society of Women Writers Tasmania
- Tasmanian Fellowship of Writers
- Tasmanian Society of Editors
- Tasmanian Writers Centre
- The Fellowship of Australian Writers WA Section
- Fremantle Children's' Literature Centre
- Katharine Susannah Prichard Writers' Centre – encourages and facilitates writers' readings, workshops, writers in residence and other services, to encourage writers at all levels.
- Peter Cowan Writers Centre
- Western Australia Society of Editors
- Women in Publishing (WA)
- WritingWA – includes details of literary activities, festivals, workshops, competitions and awards.
Australian Capital Territory
- ACT Writers’ Centre
- Canberra Society of Editors
- Canberra Speculative Fiction Guild – For writers of horror, science fiction, and fantasy.