Springtime means Toowoomba’s famous annual Carnival of Flowers festival showcasing spectacular gardens, country touring, live music and local food & wine, plus much more. Plus there’s Father’s day, school holidays and pirates!
September 2018 Events in Brisbane and Queensland
- 2 September (Sunday) 2018 – Father’s Day – (See Father’s Day Gift ideas here or local experience gift vouchers for ideas)
- 3 September (Monday) 2018 – Australian National Flag Day – The Australian Flag was first raised on this day in 1901.
- 14 to 23 September, 2018 – Swell Sculpture Festival at Currumbin Beach Experience sculptures built by artists from Australia and abroad at the annual Swell Sculpture Festival at Currumbin Beach. The free exhibition is open all hours. Over 10 days, visitors can experience the sculptures, enjoy twilight walks, informative artist talks, discover new perspectives at the Public Art Forum, wander through the Swell Smalls Gallery and participate in artist master classes and childrens’ workshops.
- 19 September (Wednesday) 2018 – Talk Like a Pirate Day – See the International Talk Like a Pirate Day website for tips on pirate-speak. (If you’re planning an event, click here for Pirate Party Ideas.)
- 21 September (Friday) 2018 – Last day of School Term 3 – (See AU school holidays.)
- 29 September (Saturday) 2018 – National Police Remembrance Day – Held annually on 29 September, the day provides an opportunity for serving and retired police members, their families and the public to honour the memory of officers who have given their lives in the line of duty.
September Events from the forum
These events are in the order that they have been posted - not in date order.
- Festival: Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers - by BCL Editor
16 to 25 September, 2016 Toowoomba famous annual festival showcasing spectacular gardens, country touring, live music and local food & wine, plus...
- Art / Film Festival: Swell Sculpture Festival at Currumbin Beach - by BCL Gold Coast
Experience sculptures built by artists from Australia and abroad at the annual Swell Sculpture Festival at Currumbin Beach. The free exhibition is...
Post your events of the forum to appear above (here’s how)