Springtime means Toowoomba’s famous annual Carnival of Flowers festival showcasing spectacular gardens, country touring, live music and local food & wine, plus much more. Plus there’s Father’s day, school holidays and pirates!
September 2018 Events in Brisbane and Queensland
- 2 September (Sunday) 2018 – Father’s Day – (See Father’s Day Gift ideas here or local experience gift vouchers for ideas)
- 3 September (Monday) 2018 – Australian National Flag Day – The Australian Flag was first raised on this day in 1901.
- 14 to 23 September, 2018 – Swell Sculpture Festival at Currumbin Beach Experience sculptures built by artists from Australia and abroad at the annual Swell Sculpture Festival at Currumbin Beach. The free exhibition is open all hours. Over 10 days, visitors can experience the sculptures, enjoy twilight walks, informative artist talks, discover new perspectives at the Public Art Forum, wander through the Swell Smalls Gallery and participate in artist master classes and childrens’ workshops.
- 19 September (Wednesday) 2018 – Talk Like a Pirate Day – See the International Talk Like a Pirate Day website for tips on pirate-speak. (If you’re planning an event, click here for Pirate Party Ideas.)
- 21 September (Friday) 2018 – Last day of School Term 3 – (See AU school holidays.)
- 29 September (Saturday) 2018 – National Police Remembrance Day – Held annually on 29 September, the day provides an opportunity for serving and retired police members, their families and the public to honour the memory of officers who have given their lives in the line of duty.
September Events from the forum
These events are in the order that they have been posted - not in date order.
- RizeUp Luncheon A Conversation with Mia Freedman and Friends - by Taylor
Join RizeUp Australia for lunch and "A conversation with Mia Freedman & Friends". As a Patron of RizeUp, Mia will be on the couch chatting with...
- Marathon / Fun Run / Walk: The Great Noosa Trail Walk - by Firefly
The Great Noosa Trail Walk is an annual 3-day journey through the natural and cultural landscape of the Noosa hinterland known as Noosa Country. ...
- Bubbles and Beauties 2018 - Suited to Success Fashion Fundraiser - by Suited to Success
Designer wear for those who care. Join us for a glamorous evening with over 1500 new and pre-loved designer clothes, shoes, bags and accessories...
- Theatre: Faulty Towers The Dining Experience at The Brisbane Golf Club, 14 Sep 2018 - by audamin
This made-in-Australia globetrotting show is truly quite legendary, selling out in places like Sydney Opera House, Raffles Singapore and Londons...
- Festival: Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers - by BCL Editor
Toowoomba famous annual festival showcasing spectacular gardens, country touring, live music and local food & wine, plus much more. See the website...
- Art / Film Festival: Swell Sculpture Festival at Currumbin Beach - by BCL Gold Coast
Experience sculptures built by artists from Australia and abroad at the annual Swell Sculpture Festival at Currumbin Beach. The free exhibition is...
Post your events of the forum to appear above (here’s how)