- Alternatives to Violence Project AVPQ is a growing community of people who support those actively seeking nonviolent solutions to conflict. Members share experiences, skills, information and their time. It is a multicultural, independent, non-profit association of trained volunteers, offering experiential workshops that help people to change their lives.
- Family and Kids Care Foundation Inc Emergency / Crises Care, Emergency Relief, Homelessness etc
- Kids Help Line is Australia’s only free, confidential and anonymous, 24-hour telephone and online counselling service specifically for young people aged between five and 18.
- New Farm Neighbourhood Centre
- DVconnect Mensline is a free, confidential telephone counselling referral and support service for men. It is a Queensland wide service that operates between the hours of 10am 6pm, Mondays to Fridays. Mensline offers professional counselling and information, and acts as a strategic point of referral for Queensland men around issues of: domestic and family violence, relationship problems and separation issues, mens health, child support, family law issues, suicide and other significant issues for men. Importantly Mensline offers specialist assistance for men who are seeking strategies to address their own use of violence and other destructive patterns in their personal lives and relationships, as well as those who may be (or have been) victims of violence themselves.
- Salvation Army
- St Vincent de Paul Society – QLD branch of the Christian support organisation.
- Wesley Mission Brisbane, an outreach of the Albert Street Uniting Church, is one of Brisbane’s longest-established welfare ministries. It provides care and comfort and support to thousands of men, women and children through a network of Aged Care facilities and community services throughout the greater Brisbane region.They provide crisis support and Emergency Relief (ER).
Crisis Services in Brisbane Queensland
Search the directory of community organisations and events.
See how to add your listing here.