In an Emergency
- If you require immediate medical assistance dial 000
- See also Emergency and Essential Services
Hospitals & Medical Services in Brisbane
- Brisbane Private Hospital, Wickham Terrace – offers a range of specialist medical and surgical services.
- Canossa Private Hospital – Oxley – a modern facility operated by the Canossian Sisters.
- Family Planning Queensland has been the leading provider of sexual and reproductive health and education services throughout Queensland for over 40 years. Based in 9 centres from Cairns to Bundaberg, Townsville to the Gold Coast, FPQ delivers health services, outreach, education.
- Greenslopes Private Hospital – includes 24-hour emergency care services, state-of-the-art cardiac services and so
- Holy Spirit Northside Private Hospital – an acute care hospital, co-located with The Prince Charles Hospital in Chermside, providing a range of medical and surgical services.
- Karuna: Palliative Care and Grief Counselling. Karuna provides care for people of all ages who have been diagnosed with a life limiting illness.
- Marie Stopes International Australia offers care in family planning and sexual health, offers support and essential information regarding abortion, vasectomy, contraception, STI (STD) check-ups for men and women, and unplanned pregnancy help in a caring and non-judgemental way. See locations in Queensland and around Australia here
- Mater Misericordiae Hospitals – includes three public and four private co-located hospitals, including Mater Adult Hospital, Mater Children’s Hospital, Mater Children’s Private Hospital, Mater Mothers’ Hospital, Mater Mothers’ Private Hospital, Mater Private Hospital – Brisbane and Mater Private Hospital – Redland.
- Montserrat Day Hospitals – three accredited private day facilities.
- Mount Olivet Community Services Health & Aged Care.
- Palliative Care Queensland is the peak organisation for palliative care in Queensland, representing the interests and aspirations of all who share the ideal of quality care at the end of life for all.
- The Park- Centre for Mental Health – aims to deliver world-class mental health treatment, research and education programs.
- Peninsula Private Hospital – provides a broad range of general medical/surgical and rehabilitation services.
- Pine Rivers Private Hospital – provides an extensive range of day surgical procedures, renal dialysis and psychiatric services.
- Prince Charles Hospital
- The Princess Alexandra Hospital
- Queensland Health – State Government site – list of Queensland hospitals
- Queensland Institute of Medical Research
- Redcliffe Hospital
- Royal Children’s Hospital supported by the The Royal Children’s Hospital Foundation
- Royal Brisbane & Women’s Hospital – a 942-bed tertiary referral teaching hospital with a number of specialities including medicine, surgery, orthopaedics, psychiatry, oncology, trauma, obstetric care, gynaecology, gynae-oncology, operating and delivery suites, a Birthing Centre, specialist obstetric and gynaecology outpatient clinics and services, neonatal transport, neonatal intensive and special care, breast screening and community-based/client-orientated education services and women’s health services.
- Royal Brisbane & Women’s Hospital Research Foundation funds life saving medical research and treatment at Queensland’s oldest and largest teaching hospital, the Royal Brisbane Hospital and Royal Women’s Hospital.
- St Andrew’s War Memorial Hospital – an acute care hospital specialising in technologically advanced surgical and general medical care. See hotels on Wickham Terrace near St Andrew’s War Memorial Hospital
- Toowong Private Hospital – provides an extensive range of facilities, personalised therapy programs and mental health expertise.
- Wesley Hospital – a Uniting HealthCare Hospital offering a comprehensive range of private medical facilities.
Health & Medical Information
- Australian Drug Information Network links to an extensive range of information about alcohol and other drugs.
- Breastscreen Queensland is a free breast screening and follow-up assessment service for women aged 50 to 69 years, also available to women aged 40 to 49 years and 70 years and older.
- Health Direct Government web site with a wide range of up-to-date and quality assured information on important health topics such as diabetes, cancer, mental health and asthma.
- See also Health Resources and Information
EZY-UPS Dressing Aid choose from white, pink or blue.