Brisbane Social Groups
- BrisBears is a brotherhood of gay men who openly challenge the stereotypical image of the male ideal, men who are defiantly and aggressively uninterested in society’s perception of gay men as hyper-thin, hairless, fashion victims, who instead celebrate the fact that they are sometimes large, less than perfect and never shave their body hair. Bears also share a broader and richer connection with their bodies, with nature and with spirit.
- Brisbane Ukulele Musicians Society (B.U.M.S.) is a casual gathering of ukulele players, from beginners to advanced to people who just appreciate the joy of uke!
- The Partners of Veterans Association of Australia Inc social, support and interest group.
- Qld Vegetarian/Vegan Society holds regular get togethers for lunch or dinner. Membership entitles you to 4 copies of the New Vegetarian and Natural Health magazine, 4 copies of the Qld newsletter, discounts and a lending library.
- Meetup. You’ll find lots of groups with all sorts of common interests in your area on meetup. If you can’t find a group, you can always start one.