On the northern border of Brisbane’s CBD, Fortitude Valley, known locally as ‘The Valley’, is one of the oldest parts of Brisbane. The Story Bridge leads from The Valley across to Kangaroo Point.
The Valley is known for its mix of trendy and alternative night-clubs and restaurants as well as shopping, from retro boutiques to designer dress shops. Chinatown Mall, Brisbane’s hub of Asian commercial and cultural activity, and a well-known landmark was opened in January, 1987 although a lot of the Chinese activity has now moved out to Sunnybank
There are many residential units in The Valley – both new purpose built and redevelopments. Fortitude Valley is also a hub of culture, including a large range of religious facilities and places of worship. Brunswick Street Mall is home to markets and other cultural activities.
Brunswick Street Train Station is the first station after Central station going north. The Valley is also on many of the bus routes to and from Brisbane’s CBD.
Fortitude Valley Services
- Accommodation in Fortitude Valley from booking.com
- Fortitude Valley Serviced Offices – see also Brisbane CBD offices
Fortitude Valley School & Community Links
- The postcode of Fortitude Valley is 4006.
- Fortitude Valley State School
- St. James College – Year 8 to Year 12
- Brisbane Central State School – Prep to Year 7
- Brisbane City Council – Fortitude Valley is in the Central Ward of the Brisbane City Council local government area.
- State Government – Fortitude Valley is in the State Seat of Brisbane Central.
- Federal Government – Fortitude Valley is represented in the Federal electorate of Brisbane.
- Valley Chamber of Commerce