Queensland News & Politics
Here we list a range of Queensland news sources ranging from mainstream journalism to organisation’s press releases as well as citizen journalists and bloggers. See also our page of Politics, Political Parties and Lobby Groups. Please note that listing does not imply endorsement.
Brisbane & Queensland News
- 612 ABC Brisbane – The Australian Broadcasting Corporation’s local radio station in Brisbane
- ABC News
- Brisbane Times (Fairfax Digital – online only publication for Brisbane – includes local plus news from other states)
- Queensland Public Service Watch is a special section of the Brisbane Times recording slashes to the public service made by the LNP government
- PS News QLD – Independent News for the Queensland Public Service is an online newspaper packed with news and other information designed to inform, entertain and challenge the professional staff of public sector organisations around the nation. PS News is totally independent of Government, union or political influence and is compiled and updated by journalists in Canberra and other capital cities.
- Queensland Courts see the Daily Law List, court calendar, judgements and more
- Traffic & Travel Information – Queensland Government website with up-to-date information about traffic incidents, road closures, road works, and load limits around Queensland.
- Independent Australia is a progressive journal focusing on politics, democracy, the environment, Australian history and Australian identity. It contains news and opinion from Australia and around the world. IA supports quality investigative journalism, as well as citizen journalism and a diversity of voices. It believes Australians are short-changed by the mass media and and so it dedicates itself to seeking out the truth and informing the public. Read their articles on the Slipper / James Ashby episode.
- Gay News Network features the online content from Australia’s leading gay and lesbian mastheads, including Queensland Pride (Brisbane), Blaze (Adelaide), SX (Sydney) and Melbourne Community Voice (Melbourne)
- National Disability Insurance Scheme website about the proposed NDIS includes information, draft legislations, a forum, and much more.
- The Courier Mail – Brisbane’s daily print newspaper. (News Ltd)
- Queensland Business Review
Journals and E-zines
- Online Opinion – A not-for-profit e-journal based in Brisbane that aims to provide a forum for public social and political debate about current Australian issues.
- Internet Information Resources for Australian Journalists – An excellent resource for anyone wanting information and statistics.
Queensland Press Releases, etc
These are the press releases from official sites so naturally express the viewpoint and aims of the publishing organisation.
- Education Views – With selected stories from Education Queensland fortnightly.
- Queensland Government ministerial media statements
- Media Releases – Queensland Police Service
- Queensland Health: News – Media Releases
- Queensland Institute of Medical Research Media releases
- Tourism Queensland Media Releases