Political Parties – Queensland and National
- Australian Democrats
- Australian Labor Party – Queensland Branch
- The Greens – The Queensland Greens
- Liberal Party of Australia – Liberal National Party (Amalgamation of the QLD National and Liberal parties)
- National Party – “The Nationals” – Liberal National Party (Amalgamation of the QLD National and Liberal parties)
“Voices For” and Independent Movements in Queensland
Independent grassroots groups aiming to bring more independents into parliament. See current groups in Queensland below.
"Voices of the Australian federal electorate of Fairfax Qld on the Sunshine Coast. Local and Canberra news for Fairfax voters." https://www.facebook.com/Voices-of-Fairfax-109405821341617
"Action, transparency and accountability from the elected local, state and federal representatives." https://www.facebook.com/bonnervoices/
"To strengthen active participation by the whole community in the political process and to strive for the highest standards of political representation. We have the values of courage, diversity, inclusion, integrity and respect." Includes federal...
Supporting emergence and development of community groups to engage and participate in positive change within our Australian democracy. https://twitter.com/VoicesForAU
A group of community minded people who want politics to be an open and transparent contest of ideas - not dominated by party politics, slogans and spin. Dickson Electorate: https://aec.gov.au/profiles/qld/dickson.htm Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Division_of_Dickson Sitting member: Peter...
"A group of community minded people who are seeking better political outcomes from the democratic process. Your voice for our Region" Groom Electorate: https://aec.gov.au/profiles/qld/groom.htm Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Division_of_Groom https://twitter.com/VoicesGroom
Electoral and Voting Information – Queensland
- The Australian Electoral Commission has more on political parties, federal electoral boundaries, federal elections, etc
- Electoral Commission of Queensland for state and council elections
- Queensland Parliament
- Parliament of Australia
Lobby Groups, Support Groups etc
- Australian Privacy Foundation
- Amnesty International
- Ausflag is an apolitical, non-profit organisation seeking to promote high quality debate about Australia's national symbols.
- ActionAid Australia – (was Austcare)
- Bravehearts Inc for the prevention of child sex abuse
- Brisbane Actionweb for Refugee Collaboration – (BARC) seeks to network the diverse range of refugee support groups in SE QLD. We list social & fundraising events, meetings & information to help people get involved in the sector.
- Children by Choice
- Darling Downs Environmental Council
- Green Left Weekly
- Human Rights Council of Australia
- Independent Dam Safety Monitors – IDSM was formed to raise concerns about the safety issues that relate to dam failure.
- Oxfam Fair Trade Campaign – Make a “Big Noise” about unfair trade rules
- Kidsafe Queensland: Dedicated to reducing the incidence of, severity of, and mortality rate of children due to preventable accidents. Kidsafe Queensland offer educational seminars, tours of Kidsafe House, child car restraint checks and installations, a range of safety products for sale. Kidsafe Queensland also advocate and lobby for creating safe environments for all children. We are the Queensland branch of a national organisation: Kidsafe.
- Queensland Advocacy Incorporated – An independent, community-based systems advocacy and legal advocacy organisation for people with disability in Queensland, Australia.
- Queensland Fair Trade Collective – Aim to raise awareness of fair trade in Queensland.
- Queensland Conservation Council the representative voice for the environment groups and their supporters in Queensland
- Western Downs Alliance looking at the issues and problems confronting the diverse communities that occupy the Darling Downs with relation to the mining industry.
- Women's Electoral Lobby (WEL) – A national independent political organisation dedicated to creating a society where women's participation and potential are unrestricted, acknowledged and respected and where women and men share equally in society's responsibilities and rewards.
- Youth Advocacy Centre