Kangaroo Point is on a peninsula across the Brisbane River from Brisbane’s CBD, at the southern end of the Story Bridge. The Story Bridge takes 6 lanes (3 each way) of traffic from the end of the peninsula across to the Fortitude Valley / CBD border. Pedestrians can use the Goodwill Footbridge to cross from Kangaroo Point to the Botanical Gardens in the city or continue along the riverfront to South Bank. There is a ferry across to Eagle Street Pier.
The Kangaroo Cliffs are popular both for rock-climbing and abseiling and as a lookout. Walkways and cycleways, both on top of the cliff and down at river level, are popular with locals and visitors. The area at the very end of the peninsular under the Story Bridge is a popular spot for wedding photos. Directly under the bridge is the Storey Bridge Hotel which is known for its annual cockroach races on Australia Day.
Kangaroo Point is surrounded by the Brisbane River on three sides and faces Brisbane’s Garden’s Point and CBD, Fortitude Valley and New Farm across the river. Adjoining suburbs on the south side of the river are Woolloongabba and East Brisbane
Kangaroo Point Services, Things to Do
- Skateboard Park: Raymond Park, Wellington Rd, Kangaroo Point.
- Climb the Story Bridge Brisbane Australia
- Kangaroo Point Rock Climbing
- Kangaroo Point hotels and accommodation
- Kangaroo Point Picnic areas:
- Holman St (East) Picnic Area, Captain Burke Park, Holman St
- Rawlins St Picnic Area, Raymond Park, Wellington Rd
- River Tce Picnic Area (Walmsley St), River Terrace Park, River Tce
- River Tce Picnic Area (Opp Ozcare), River Terrace Park, River Tce
- River Tce Picnic Area (Llewellyn St), River Terrace Park, River Tce
- River Tce Picnic Area (Bell – Paton St), River Terrace Park, River Tce
- Lower River Terrace Picnic Area, River Terrace Park, River Tce
- Kp Cliffs Lower Picnic Area, River Terrace Park, River Tce
- Kangaroo Point Pk (Main St) Picnic Area, River Terrace Park, River Tce
- Kangaroo Point Playgrounds:
- Annie St Playground, C.T.White Park, Bright St
- Hamilton St Playground, C.T.White Park, Bright St
- Holman St Playground, Captain Burke Park, Holman St
- Raymond Pk Playground, Raymond Park, Wellington Rd
Kangaroo Point Accommodation
- See Kangaroo Point Hotels for everything from luxury apartments to budget motels.
Kangaroo Point School & Community Links
- The postcode of Kangaroo Point is 4169
- Brisbane City Council – Kangaroo Point is in the East Brisbane Ward of the Brisbane City Council local government area.
- State – Kangaroo Point is in the State Seat of South Brisbane.
- Federal – Kangaroo Point is in the Federal Electorate of Griffith.