July is mid-winter — cold and frosty. See more on Canberra's climate at the Bureau of Meteorology suite.
July 2019 Events in Canberra ACT
- NAIDOC Week is held in the first full week of July. It is a time to celebrate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander history, culture and achievements and is an opportunity to recognise the contributions that Indigenous Australians make to our country and our society. NAIDOC is celebrated not only in Indigenous communities, but by Australians from all walks of life. The week is a great opportunity to participate in a range of activities and to support your local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
- 5 July (Friday) 2019 – ACT School Term 2 Ends – (See AU school holidays.)
- 22 July (Monday) 2019 – ACT School Term 3 begins – (See AU school holidays.)
- 28 July (Sunday) 2019 – National Tree Day – Community tree planting event organised by Planet Ark. To get involved or find your nearest site, check the website. Friday 26 July 2019 is Schools Tree Day
July Events from the forumThese events are in the order that they have been posted - not in date order.
- Food & Wine Festival: Capital Country Truffle Festival all July - by BCL Canberra
Capital Country Truffle Festival. The region celebrates these highly prized gems from late June to early August. ...