Autumn in Canberra beings carnivals, festivals and lots of hot air. (Balloons, that is)
March 2017 Events in Canberra
- Parliament Sitting Calendar
- 3 to 12 March 2017 – Enlighten Festival. As the sun goes down Canberra will come alive! 6pm till late with live performances, tours and talks, exhibitions, dining events and other surprising experiences over nine illuminated nights.
- 8 March (Wednesday) 2017 – International Women’s Day
- 11 to 19 March 2017 – Canberra Balloon Spectacular! Held over nine days, pilots begin laying out and inflating their balloons on the lawns of Old Parliament House from 6.15am each day before ascending into the sky and creating an exhilarating back drop to our national attractions.
- 13 March (Monday) 2017 – Canberra Day – Public Holiday. (see AU school and public holiday dates)
- 17 March (Friday) 2017 – St Patrick’s Day – see Themes for Parties for St Patrick’s Day decorations and costumes.
- 18 March (Saturday) 2017 – Canberra Craft Beer and Cider Festival
- 25 March (Saturday) 2017 – Charnwood Community Carnival – Charny Carny on the Community Oval, Cnr Lhotsky and Cartwright Streets, Charnwood.
- 20 to 26 March 2017 – Canberra Comedy Festival
- 25 March (Saturday) 2017 – Earth Hour – Switch off your lights from 8:30pm to 9:30pm to send a message about climate change. Normally held each year on the last Saturday in March.
March Events from the forum
These events are in the order that they have been posted - not in date order.
- Companions Walk in the Gardens for Alzheimer's - by Theona
Experts recommend walking and companionship for health and well being, and this small group event is encouraging just that, with photography tips...
Move on to April events