Autumn in Canberra beings carnivals, festivals and lots of hot air. (Balloons, that is)
March 2019 Events in Canberra
- Parliament Sitting Calendar
- 8 March (Friday) 2019 – International Women’s Day
- 12 March (Monday) 2019 – Canberra Day – Public Holiday. (see AU school and public holiday dates)
- 17 March (Sunday) 2019 – St Patrick’s Day – see Themes for Parties for St Patrick’s Day decorations and costumes.
- 39 March (Saturday) 2019 – Earth Hour – Switch off your lights from 8:30pm to 9:30pm to send a message about climate change. Normally held each year on the last Saturday in March.
March Events from the forum
These events are in the order that they have been posted - not in date order.
- AFLW 3.0, Round 7: GWS GIANTS vs Geelong Cats - by patricklucarelli
Canberra, this is your chance to experience the 2019 NAB AFL Womens Competition. On Friday night, March 15, catch the GWS Giants taking on the...
- Festival: Enlighten Festival - by BCL Editor
As the sun goes down Canberra will come alive! 6pm till late with live performances, tours and talks, exhibitions, dining events and other surprising...
- Festival: Canberra Comedy Festival - by BCL Editor
The first Canberra Comedy Festival was held in 2013, in Canberras centenary year. The festival was held as part of Canberras 100th birthday,...
- Clean Up Australia Day - by Clean Up Australia Day
Clean Up Australia Day Being part of an Australian team is an opportunity of a lifetime so why not join the Clean Up Australia Day team and take...
- Food & Wine Festival: National Capital Craft Beer Festival - by BCL Canberra
National Capital Craft Beer Festival (http://www.canberrabeerfest.com/) An annual beer and gourmet food event featuring live entertainment.
- Festival: Charny Carny - by BCL Canberra
Charnwood Community Carnival - Charny Carny (http://www.charnycarnival.org.au/) on the Community Oval, Cnr Lhotsky and Cartwright Streets,...
- Festival: Canberra Festival Balloon Spectacular - by BCL Canberra
Each morning from 6am pilots begin inflating balloons on the lawns of Old Parliament House against the distinctive backdrop of Canberra's landmark...
Move on to April events