Canberra and ACT Volunteer Groups
Volunteers are always needed and it is a quick way to make friends. See also community groups.
- ACT Libraries – Require volunteers for the collection management unit, the heritage and public libraries and the home library service.
- ACT Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Society Inc – Provides support, information and advocacy for people affected by Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME) / Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) and/or Fibromyalgia Syndrome (FMS) in the Canberra region. The society require volunteers to create awareness and provide support and services.
- Council on the Ageing (COTA-ACT) – is recruiting for volunteers to join our existing team to faciliate education sessions to groups in Canberra and the region. No previous experience required as full training is provided.
- Galilee has served the Canberra community through caring for disadvantaged babies, children and young people for over twenty years. Galilee is a community based not-for-profit organisation that addresses the immediate needs of children and young people while also concentrating on prevention strategies. They require foster carers and other volunteers.
- Lifeline Canberra – Requires telephone counsellors. Visit the website to volunteer.
- Questacon – Australia's National Science & Technology Centre, King Edward Tce, Canberra, requires people over the age of 16 with an interest in science to become Volunteer Explainers.
- Snowy Hydro SouthCare see information for prospective volunteers on the website.
- Volunteering ACT – The peak body for volunteering in the ACT region, representing the interests of all community volunteers, and of all those who work with volunteers.
- YMCA Canberra – Requires volunteers to work in retail, administration, education and childcare, sport and as historians.
- See also Canberra Community Groups