Visit the Mindil Beach Sunset Markets on Thursdays 5-10pm and Sundays 4-9 pm. The Mindil Beach Sunset Market run from the last Thursday in April until the last Thursday in October.
July 2019 Events in Darwin and the Northern Territory
- 1 July (Monday) 2019 – Territory Day – On the first of July each year, Territory Day marks the commencement of self government in the Territory on 1 July 1978. The day is celebrated with fireworks, including the famous Territory Day fireworks at Mindil Beach. This is the only day of the year, apart from the Chinese New Year, when fireworks are permitted.
- NAIDOC Week is held in the first full week of July. It is a time to celebrate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander history, culture and achievements and is an opportunity to recognise the contributions that Indigenous Australians make to our country and our society. NAIDOC is celebrated not only in Indigenous communities, but by Australians from all walks of life. The week is a great opportunity to participate in a range of activities and to support your local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
- 23 July (Tuesday) 2019 – Beginning of Semester 2, Term 3 in NT schools. Teachers resume on the Monday. See BCL's School and Public Holidays page for more information.
- 28 July (Sunday) 2019 – National Tree Day – Community tree planting event organised by Planet Ark. To get involved or find your nearest site, check the website. Friday 26 July 2019 is Schools Tree Day
July Events from the forumThese events are in the order that they have been posted - not in date order.
- Musical jams - by DCA Musical Jam
Darwin Community Arts host musical jams every second Monday at Travers St Coconut Grove and every second Wednesday at Packard Ave Durack. If you play...
- Show / Expo: Royal Darwin Show - It Show Time - by AssociatedAdvertising
Thursday to Saturday in the last week of July *Venue:* Winnellie Showgrounds, Stuart Highway, Darwin Northern Territory *Open:* 9am to 10pm...
- NAIDOC Week - by BCL Editor
3 to 10 July 2016 NAIDOC Week is held in the first full week of July. It is a time to celebrate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander history,...
- Festival: Alice Springs Camel Cup - by BCL Darwin
Saturday 9th July 2016 *Alice Springs Camel Cup* The Camel Cup Carnival is run by the Lions Clubs of Central Australia, and supported by other...
- Show / Expo: Alice Springs Show - by BCL Darwin
Alice Springs Show - 1 & 2 July 2016 http://www.alice-springs.com.au/ See accommodation in Alice Springs...
- Show / Expo: Katherine Show - third Friday and Saturday in July - by BCL Darwin
15th & 16th July 2016 The Katherine Show is held on the third Friday and Saturday in July each year. http://www.katherineshow.org.au/
- Mindil Beach Sunset Market, Darwin - Thursdays & Sundays - by BCL Darwin
On any given Thursday & Sunday throughout the dry season market patrons can enjoy the tastes of five continents, with over 1200 different menu items,...