June is mid-winter and tourist season in Darwin. Visit the Mindil Beach Sunset Markets on Thursdays 5-10pm and Sundays 4-9 pm. The Mindil Beach Sunset Market run from the last Thursday in April until the last Thursday in October.
June 2018 Events in Darwin and the Northern Territory
- 5 June – World Environment Day – Commemorated each year on 5 June, is one of the principal vehicles through which the United Nations stimulates worldwide awareness of the environment and enhances political attention and action.
- BARUNGA FESTIVAL, held annually on the Queen’s birthday long weekend has a strong history of showcasing the Katherine region and supporting remote indigenous communities to come together and celebrate the positive aspects of community life through football, basketball, softball, music (contemporary and traditional), traditional arts and culture.
- 11 June (Monday) 2018 – Queen’s Birthday Public Holiday all states except WA & Qld (see AU school and public holiday dates).
- 20 June (Wednesday) 2018 – UN World Refugee Day is held each year on the 20 June to recognise and celebrate the contribution refugees make around the world.
- 29 June (Friday) 2018 – End of Term 2 in NT schools – (See BCL AU School Holidays.)
June Events from the forumThese events are in the order that they have been posted - not in date order.
- Musical jams - by DCA Musical Jam
Darwin Community Arts host musical jams every second Monday at Travers St Coconut Grove and every second Wednesday at Packard Ave Durack. If you play...
- Refugee Week & World Refugee Day - by BCL Editor
Refugee Week is Australia's peak annual activity to raise awareness about the issues affecting refugees and celebrate the positive contributions made...
- Awareness Days / Weeks / Months: 21 Challenge - by Darren
The 21 Challenge is your chance to help homeless youth by doing something you love, perhaps something you don't love, or maybe something you've never...
- Show / Expo: Adelaide River Show - by BCL Darwin
Adelaide River Show at Adelaide River Racecourse, Dorat Road, Adelaide River ( Stuart Highway ) The Adelaide River Show, in the Adelaide River...
- Mindil Beach Sunset Market, Darwin - Thursdays & Sundays - by BCL Darwin
On any given Thursday & Sunday throughout the dry season market patrons can enjoy the tastes of five continents, with over 1200 different menu items,...
- Sport Event: Finke Desert Race - by BCL Darwin
10 to 13 June 2016 Finke Desert Race - An off-road race from Alice Springs to the Aputula (Finke) Community including motorbikes, cars and...