In an Emergency
- If you require immediate medical assistance dial 000
- See also Emergency and Essential Services
Hospitals & Medical Services in Darwin & NT
- Alice Springs Hospital
- Katherine Hospital
- Northern Territory Hospital Services
- Royal Darwin Hospital caters for the population of Darwin and Palmerston, as well as patients from outlying communities and other centres who require acute care not available in their region.
- The Royal Flying Doctor Service is a not-for-profit charitable service providing aeromedical emergency and primary health care services together with communication and education assistance to people who live, work and travel in regional and remote Australia
Health & Medical Information
- Australian Drug Information Network links to an extensive range of information about alcohol and other drugs.
- Garvan Institute of Medical Research is internationally recognised as a leader in gene based medical research and is committed to delivering new insights into major diseases and novel ways to prevent and treat these disorders.
- HealthInsite Government web site with a wide range of up-to-date and quality assured information on important health topics such as diabetes, cancer, mental health and asthma.
- See also Health Resources and Information