Financial Help & Crisis Relief in Tasmania
- Alcoholics Anonymous Australia is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.
- Kids Help Line is Australia’s only free, confidential and anonymous, 24-hour telephone and online counselling service specifically for young people aged between five and 18.
- Lifeline Hobart
- Salvation Army
- St Vincent de Paul Society – TAS branch of the Christian support organisation.
- Tasmanian Council of Social Service Inc – Information and contacts on a range of issues including domestic violence, living on a low income and more.
- White Wreath Association Inc – Created to bring to the attention of the Australian public, the increasing number of people who suicide in Australia every year. The White Wreath Association was founded in 1999 by Fanita, the mother of a suicide victim