February 2018 Events in Hobart and Tasmania
- 6 February (Tuesday) 2018 – School Term 1 begins. Teachers start on the 1st and students start on the Wednesday 8th. (see AU school holiday dates)
- Chinese New Year (For Chinese New Year party and costume ideas see ThemesForParties: Oriental).
- 6 February (Tuesday) 2018 – New Zealand (Waitangi) Day Celebrations – Waitangi Day is New Zealand’s annual celebration of the signing of the Waitangi Treaty.
- 12 February (Monday) 2018 – Royal Hobart Regatta Public Holiday (Second Monday in February in all parts of Tasmania south of and including Oatlands and Swansea excluding Bronte Park Catagunya, Strathgordon, Tarraleah, Wayatinah and the West Coast) ) (see AU public holiday dates)
- 14 February (Wednesday) 2018 – Valentine’s Day – see Valentine’s Day gift ideas.
- 14 February (Wednesday) 2018 – V-Day – A global movement to stop violence against women and girls.
- 28 February (Wednesday) 2018 – Launceston Cup Day The Launceston Cup is held at Tasman Park, Launceston on the last Wednesday in February. It is a local public holiday but generally Public Service only (see AU public holiday dates)
February 2019 Events in Hobart and Tasmania
- 8 to 11 February 2019 – Australian Wooden Boat Festival. The Australian Wooden Boat Festival is held every second year at Hobart’s Sullivan’s Cove. You’ll find an enormous collection of wooden boats; a big display of model boats; many permanent and temporary food outlets with an emphasis on fresh Tasmanian seafood; nautical skill demonstrations; live music and theatre; boat handling demonstrations, trade exhibitions, community groups and much more.
February Events from the forum
These events are in the order that they have been posted - not in date order.
- Marathon / Fun Run / Walk: Devonport Triathlon - by BCL Editor
Devonport Triathlon has a global reputation as being “world class” and one of the country’s best triathlon experiences. More about this event at...
- Festival: February 2019 - Australian Wooden Boat Festival - by BCL Hobart
The Australian Wooden Boat Festival is held *every second year* at Hobart's Sullivan's Cove. You'll find an enormous collection of wooden boats;...
Move on to March events