January 2019 Events in Hobart and Tasmania
- 1 January (Tuesday) 2019 – New Years Day (Public Holiday)
- Cygnet Folk Festival Music and Movement – A folk, world and roots music event including dance, arts and music. Cygnet is about 50km south of Hobart.
- Devonport Cup
- Tamar Valley Folk Festival The festival brings many visitors and artists to Northern Tasmania from interstate and overseas. It is recognised as part of the National Folk Festival calendar in Australia. The festival consists of music sessions, concerts, themed concerts children’s activities, poetry and dance. The concerts are set in beautiful surroundings of the Tamar River and historic town of George Town is at the mouth of the Tamar River, north of Launceston
- 26 January (Saturday) 2019 – Australia Day / Invasion Day – Public Holiday.
- The official Australia Day Council website has details of events all around Australia, a “toolkit” to help you organise events, teaching resources and other information.
- Themes For Parties.com.au has Australia Day party ideas and costumes.
- Henley-on-Mersey is Latrobe’s celebration of Australia Day each year. Latrobe is on the central northern coast of Tasmania, just 8 km south-east of Devonport on the Bass Highway.
- 28 January (Monday) 2019 – Public Holiday (as 26 January falls on a Saturday, the following Monday is the public holiday)
January Events from the forum
These events are in the order that they have been posted - not in date order.
- Festival: 26th January - Henley-on-Mersey at Latrobe - by BCL Hobart
Henley-on-Mersey is Latrobe's celebration of Australia Day (26th January) each year. http://www.henleyonmersey.com.au/ Latrobe...
- Music Festival: Tamar Valley Folk Festival - by BCL Hobart
Tamar Valley Folk Festival (http://www.tamarvalleyfolkfestival.com/) at George Town The festival is a unique event in the Tamar Valley area...
- Music Festival: Cygnet Folk Festival - by BCL Hobart
Cygnet Folk Festival (http://www.cygnetfolkfestival.org/) Music and Movement - A folk, world and roots music event including dance, arts and...
Move on to February events
Post your events of the forum to appear above (here’s how)