March 2018 Events in Hobart and Tasmania
- 6 March (Tuesday) 2018 – King Island Show – held on the first Tuesday in March. Local holiday only.
- 8 March (Thursday) 2018 – International Women’s Day
- 12 March (Monday) 2018 – Eight Hours Day – Public Holiday on the second Monday in March (see AU public holidays)
- 17 March (Saturday) 2018 – St Patrick’s Day – see Themes for Parties for St Patrick’s Day decorations and costumes.
- 24 March (Saturday) 2018 – Earth Hour – Switch off your lights from 8:30pm to 9:30pm to send a message about climate change. Normally held each year on the last Saturday in March but in 2018 Easter falls on that weekend.
- 30 March (Friday) 2018 – Good Friday Public Holiday
March 2019 Events in Hobart and Tasmania
- March 2019 – Ten Days on the Island Festival The festival is held every 2 years.Tasmania’s International Arts Festival presents free and ticketed events including theatre, dance, music, visual arts, literature, film and food events, in many locations around Tasmania. The festival is a platform for the promotion of Tasmanian artists who are presented within an international programme featuring other island cultures and/or artists whose work explores island themes.
March Events from the forum
These events are in the order that they have been posted - not in date order.
- Hobart Games Society Geek Quiz 4 - by Hobart Games Society
Hobart's Geekiest Trivia Night. Geek Quiz 4 -- Hobart Best Western, Saturday 3 March 2018, 7-11 pm. Categories include: News, STEM, Locations,...
- Food & Wine Festival: Great Chef's Series - by Reymond
CULINARY LEGENDS UNITE FOR TASMANIA’S 2017 GREAT CHEF SERIES From March to August, Tasmania will play host to local and international culinary...
- WaterAid - Water Challenge March 1st - 31st 2017 - by WaterAid
The Water Challenge is WaterAid's annual event, coinciding with World Water Day on 22nd March. We are signing up people like you from all over...
- Art Workshop: Yarn Ramble Tasmania 2017 - by chris cregan
The object and aim of this event is to invite all makers and creators and the wider yarn community, to come together in one place over a week long of...
- Writers Festival: Tamar Valley Writers Festival. - by BCL Editor
Free marquee sessions, poets breakfasts, literary lunches, a literary dinner, a national address, writers workshops, vineyard food and wine writing...
- Festival: Ten Days on the Island Festival - by BCL Editor
The festival is held *every 2 years*. The next Ten Days on the Island festival will be held* in 2017* Tasmania's International Arts Festival...
- Festival: The Longford Revival Festival - by BCL Hobart
The Longford Revival Festival celebrates an important chapter in Tasmania’s history and a vital part of the history of Longford and its surrounding...
- Festival: Ten Days on the Island - by BCL Hobart
The festival is held every 2 years. The next Ten Days on the Island festival will be held in 2017. Tasmania's International Arts Festival presents...
Move on to April events