There are lots of local shows in Tasmania in October including the Royal Hobart Show.
October 2018 – Events in Hobart and Tasmania
- National Organic Week Australia (NOW) is 10 days of activities designed to increase awareness of the benefits of organic products and farming production systems and accelerate the uptake of these in the wider Australian community and environment.
- 7 October (Sunday) 2018 – Daylight saving starts 2.00 am – put your clocks forward 1 hour. See time zones for more information.
- 5 October (Friday) 2018 – Burnie Show – local holiday only
- 11 October (Thursday) 2018 – Royal Launceston Show – holiday in municipal areas of Break O’Day, Dorset, George Town, Launceston, Meander Valley, Northern Midlands, West Tamar.
- 15 October (Monday) 2018 – School Term 4 begins in Tasmanian schools – (See AU school holiday dates.)
- 19 October (Friday) 2018 – Flinders Island Show – local holiday only
- 24 to 27 October 2018 – Royal Hobart Show
- 25 October (Thursday) 2018 – Royal Hobart Show Holiday – holiday in All of Tasmania south of and including Oatlands and Swansea also Bronte Park, Strathgordon, Tarreleah and Wayatinah – excludes West Coast
- 31 October (Wednesday) 2018 – Halloween – (Having a Halloween party? For party products, ideas and costumes see ThemesForParties.com.au, and for shopping see our BCL Halloween page.)
- All October – Ocsober – A fundraising program that challenges Australians to cut out alcohol for the month of October.
October Events from the forum
These events are in the order that they have been posted - not in date order.
- Festival: Burnie Shines - all October - by BCL Hobart
A culturally rich community with music, exhibitions, performances and the celebration of the simpler things of life during October. See the...
- Festival: North East Rivers Festivals - by BCL Hobart
The North East Rivers Festivals is the major festival of the year for the Dorset Region in NE Tasmania. The festival recognizes and celebrates the...
- Marathon / Fun Run / Walk: Burnie Ten - by BCL Hobart
The annual Burnie Ten 10 km road race starts in the heart of Burnie's central business district, on Tasmania's North-West Coast. ...
- Festival: Bloomin' Tulips - Colours of Wynyard - Festival Day & other events - by BCL Hobart
Colours of Wynyard is a three week calendar of events in and around Wynyard that coincides with the stunning spring colours of tulips in bloom and...
- Show / Expo: Royal Hobart Show - by BCL Hobart
Royal Hobart Show Hobart Showground 2 Howard Road Glenorchy http://www.hobartshowground.com.au/show/
- Show / Expo: Royal Launceston Show - by BCL Hobart
Royal Launceston Show http://launcestonshowground.com.au/show/royal-launceston-show
- Marathon / Fun Run / Walk: National Walk to Work Day - by BCL Editor
National Walk to Work Day is an annual event which helps employers and employees to build regular walking into their daily routine. ...
Post your events on the forum to appear above (here’s how)