There are lots of local shows in Tasmania in October including the Royal Hobart Show.
Daylight saving starts on the first Sunday in October – put your clocks forward 1 hour. See time zones for more information.
October 2020 School Holidays in Hobart and Tasmania
- 2 October (Friday) 2020 – Burnie Show Holiday – Local holiday only
- 8 October 2020 – Royal Launceston Show Holiday – Local holiday only
- 12 October (Monday) 2020 – School Term 4 begins in Tasmanian schools – (See AU school holiday dates.)
- 16 October 2020 – Flinders Island Show Holiday – Local holiday only
- 22 October 2020 – Royal Hobart Show Holiday – Local holiday in all of Tasmania south of and including Oatlands and Swansea also Bronte Park, Strathgordon, Tarreleah and Wayatinah – excludes West Coast.
October What's On in Hobart and Tasmania
Colours of Wynyard is a three week calendar of events in and around Wynyard that coincides with the stunning spring colours of tulips in bloom and the vivid yellows of Australia’s national floral emblem, the...
21 to 24 October 2020 Royal Hobart Show Hobart Showground 2 Howard Road Glenorchy www.hobartshowground.com.au/royalhobartshow
The North East Rivers Festivals is the major festival of the year for the Dorset Region in NE Tasmania. The festival recognizes and celebrates the important of rivers in the North East and draws together...
Every third week of October, National Water Week makes a splash across Australia, inspiring individuals, communities and organisations to work together to build awareness around the value of water. Access to clean water is hugely...
A culturally rich community with music, exhibitions, performances and the celebration of the simpler things of life during October. See the website for a full list of events. www.burnieshines.com Burnie is approximately 148 km north-west...