The Tasmanian Parliament consists of the House of Assembly (lower house) and the Legislative Council (upper house).
- Australian Labor Party – Tasmanian Branch
- Australian Democrats
- Reason Victoria is a federal political party established to protect the civil rights and liberties of Australians – also a registered state political party in Victoria.
- The Greens – Tasmanian Branch
- Liberal Party of Australia – Tasmanian Branch
- National Party of Australia
- Family First Party – Tasmanian Branch
- Secular Party of Australia – Freedom of religion and freedom from religion
- See more on
Lobby Groups, Support Groups etc
- The Wilderness Society targets marginal seats with candidates in each election.
- Treedomfighters – Forests and Free Speech (the treedomfighters) is a community organisation formed in response to the civil lawsuit issued by Gunns Ltd in Dec 2004 against 16 individuals and 3 organisations. It works with The Wilderness Society (the 6th Defendant) and other defendants, supporting those being sued and advocating for law reform to protect the communitys right to public participation.
- The Wilderness Society – A community-based environmental advocacy organisation whose mission is to protect, promote and restore wilderness and natural processes across Australia for the survival and ongoing evolution of life on Earth.
- Vote Environment – Tasmania's forests are one of the top three environmental issues nominated by Greenpeace, The Wilderness Society and the Australian Conservation Foundation.
- Amnesty International Volunteers Site
- Australian Privacy Foundation
- Ausflag – An apolitical, non-profit organisation seeking to promote high quality debate about Australia's national symbols.
- Australian Vegetarian Society
- Green Left Weekly
- Human Rights Council of Australia
- Independent Dam Safety Monitors – IDSM was formed to raise concerns about the safety issues that relate to dam failure.
- Insurance Reform Campaign
- Women's Electoral Lobby (WEL)